408 dart sport

-
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG

I don't think I will ever do this again
Should have just bought a roller and went racing

IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_1082.JPG
Ok the body work from the doors back is really close looks killer with just the epoxy sealer on it should be close to perfect with the high build on it
It's really hard to believe how long this is taking me. I work on the damn thing all the time it seems anyway this is where it's at

IMG_1081.JPG

Your work really is showing! Everything is razor sharp! Better than factory for sure!:thumbsup: i wish i could comission my dart sport to you. Awesome!:D

In the end you know how the work was done. At a shop they can cut corners and later on the "make up" falls off!:rofl:

hope you have plenty of time
Gonna have to make time no matter what. I've owned mine since 1986. Was my high school ride. Since '89 it's lived in stasis in 3 different sheds under tarps. Been thinking about how I wanted to do the build all these years. Time has come.

That's exactly how this all started
I have had the car a long time
Had a guy do a cheap paint and body job on it about 15 years ago
And it was just time to update car

That's exactly how this all started
I have had the car a long time
Had a guy do a cheap paint and body job on it about 15 years ago
And it was just time to update car
hang in there ! It looks great !

Little update
Dana s60 on the way 30 days according to Cass
Front champion cap5 wheels in the mail also
68351AA5-F2A4-431F-9762-A280283634A1.jpeg
5CD5A9A9-C2EF-4FE6-9FB7-AE0D0C6E34FA.jpeg

What are you running for a rear suspension?

What are you running for a rear suspension?

From the looks of the pictures he has in-boarded Cal-trac mono leafs, Cal-trac sliders instead of rear shackles and Cal-tracs.

I'd be interested to know which height mono leafs he is using.

Car looks great, are you running stock steel bumpers or fiberglass for your weight reduction? The crash beams bolted to your stock bumpers weigh a lot. Way lot more than the bumpers themselves. Saw a guy on here use the 70-72 duster rear bumper on a 74 and tuck it in tight. Got rid of those 5mph impact bumpers.

Fiberglass hood both bumpers
Deck lid Lingenfelter bumper brackets
All under coating has been removed which was roughy 45 lbs and a pain in the *** to do probably not worth the time
Crash bars in the doors has been removed
Areospace brakes in the front with a tubular k member, Viking coilovers

Got the filler primer on the car
Just by chance I used evercoat polyester
Finish sand primer and I have to say that it did everything by they said it would do and then some very happy with there product
Should be painting the car this weekend

CE09E2C4-458A-47C4-A838-79D97F548E28.jpeg
819ABF75-F664-4B0E-AC2B-8047B37BA0C5.jpeg
BF2D70A1-9E4C-4B49-9DCC-339756411746.jpeg

Not a big fan of a big gap between the tires and fender Even tho I seen a few that look pretty sweet.
you must be lookin at a diff. pic than I am ! I like it, very well proportioned .

-
Back