408 Question

-
I asked about that... since I bought it in May of 2011 they said they could not take it back... but they was going to give me 20% off a replacement.

You know........This pisses me off. We all buy things anticipating having our projects completed in a relatively short period of time. Almost always, things take twice as long as originally planed. We always buy parts that end up not being installed right away and sit on a shelf in the garage.

Summit makes money by the truck load on people like us. There is NO reason they could not have taken that Damper back especially when they sent the wrong part to begin with. The way I see it they were at least partially responsible for the grief that 321Scamp just went through..

I intend on sending Summit an e-mail to let them know I do not appreciate the manner in which they dealt with 321Scamp. Maybe if enough of us let Summit know how we feel, they will step up and do the right thing.

Sorry for the rant...

Russ

Yeah but its 2 years old, that is pretty old. You need to inspect parts when you get them or have your engine guy check them out. Again, who balanced that engine ?

I don't know how engines are balanced, I just know my engine shop said the balancer needs to be sent out with the crank, rods and pistons and flex plate for the balancing job--they outsourced that part of the job. I would think it should have been noticed then, during the balancing job. I would be more tick at them vs Summit. Part numbers-and pictures are not always correct on their website. Its just a warehouse with guys looking at computer screens selling us parts.

Least you fixed the problem and no vacuum leak :cheers:

-
Back