408 Shootout

-
Procomp makes a 190 cc small block mopar head.....i guess they can not use that head.........LOL

They also mention that it was a strict "bolt on" head that uses stock valve train components. That excludes anything with offset rockers.......

Is the Edelbrock the only bolt-on-out-of-the-box head out there? More sponsors writing the script of a "test" which in reality just an advertisement?

33HP and 7LB/FT and the ford had better heads? What a surprise.

I love how they try so hard to keep everything else even, but throw that all out the window when it comes to the heads. If we are doing that, why not get better mopar heads?

Not to mention that blueprint engines, while making cheap crate motors, don't even come close to making good power out of them. Their website rates that 408 at 445HP/500FTLB - the actual engine didn't really come close to that. Other builders like MRL are pulling well over 500HP/500LBFT out of 408's. Why bother building a stroker to only aim for a little over 1hp per cube? You can pull 450 horse out of a stock stroke 340, and honestly it might be a little more fun that way.

Overall, I enjoy engine masters but was unimpressed with this episode.

I thought it pretty good.
Me too,thats a sweet streetengine that will let you destroy tires at will:)
Well..change dyno..get the hp you want
Dont think we should get all to excited about numbers,everyone and their mother claims that their dyno/flowbench is "stingy" ,"conservative" or whatever is the cool word of the day.
Look at all that torque thats whats intresting.
Freiburger is making a statement, to the aftermarket: Build a bigger cylinder head!
Its already available there are alot of W heads out there including Indys offerings and if you dont want one of those Edelbrock has a nice new offering aswell but none of them will ever be loved by most mopar retards because they dont use all stock components and alot of moparowners are going full retard on anything that is not compatible with all sorts of stupid stock parts,the same people that act retarded over the fact that you cant make 1000hp with a smooth 600rpm idle with those crapy stock replacement parts and thinks that its just because the aftermarket hates them.

I wonder why they used the Performer rpm and not the rpm air gap?

I wonder why they used the Performer rpm and not the rpm air gap?
Is the airgap available for the ford? If it is, maybe they were just crunched for time to get the show out by a certain date and that's all they had on hand. (shrug)

-
Back