408 shortblock bpc4080 forged pistons

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
This one kind of hides out in the overlooked shortblock section of the site. since its not in the same area as the other 408 chryslers.

Shortblock

408 LA short block.
ARP ROD BOLTS

Chrysler 408ci Forged Pistons
  • 23cc Dish
  • .040 Bore
  • 1/16, 1/16, 3/16 Rings
62cc — 9.8:1
64cc — 9.6:1
68cc — 9.3:1
72cc — 8.9:1

just an FYI as a viable option for those wanting to do final assembly on their engine, or have their own heads/etc to use

-Johnny

nothing to do w/ mopar, but I noticed in the last jegs catalog that blueprint has a 815 horse big block 632 cube rat for $11,000 something.
arguably the best "deal" we offer...
All

nothing to do w/ mopar, but I noticed in the last jegs catalog that blueprint has a 815 horse big block 632 cube rat for $11,000 something.
Yea, (sigh) I know what you mean. The popularity of the Chevy mills is huge. You can basically do what Chevy did with there cars years back. Just make them because you know your going to sell them. No worries.

Yea, (sigh) I know what you mean. The popularity of the Chevy mills is huge. You can basically do what Chevy did with there cars years back. Just make them because you know your going to sell them. No worries.
We make our own SBC and BBC engine blocks in the USA, and machine them in nebraska... that 632 monster has not a single "GM" part in it.

We make our own SBC and BBC engine blocks in the USA, and machine them in nebraska... that 632 monster has not a single "GM" part in it.
Thanks! I did know that but I’m glad you wrote that down for all eyes to see. As you mentioned earlier, your engines are on a few shows. I have gotten my first good look at the SBC mill on engine masters where there was a close up of the “Made in the USA on the block which made my eyes pop a bit with me saying “Holy crap! Check that out!” Knowing Chevy doesn’t do that.
Frieburgers speech mentions the made in USA fact in that and other shows.

It would be a pipe dream come true if Blue Print took up where MP dropped off in there (race) blocks. But like I said, pipe dream. I know the Chrysler’s aren’t that popular. What about the Fords?

Thanks! I did know that but I’m glad you wrote that down for all eyes to see. As you mentioned earlier, your engines are on a few shows. I have gotten my first good look at the SBC mill on engine masters where there was a close up of the “Made in the USA on the block which made my eyes pop a bit with me saying “Holy crap! Check that out!” Knowing Chevy doesn’t do that.
Frieburgers speech mentions the made in USA fact in that and other shows.

It would be a pipe dream come true if Blue Print took up where MP dropped off in there (race) blocks. But like I said, pipe dream. I know the Chrysler’s aren’t that popular. What about the Fords?
I'd love to get to the point where we could do SB mopars, or SBF blocks also, but sales volume is what dictates that. if mopar sales explode, then hard telling what the future will bring. We do have some cool things coming down the pipe for Mopar, but product development comes 2nd to filling existing orders, and we're at full production.

That's a smoking deal. Any plans of offering a 5.9 Magnum version of the same short block build?

Ahhhhh! Just slap on the Magnum parts and your good to go.

Oh wait! That darn Hyd. Roller doesn’t work so well...

Ok! Idea! Solid lifter flat tappet!!!

Ahhhhh! Just slap on the Magnum parts and your good to go.

Oh wait! That darn Hyd. Roller doesn’t work so well...

Ok! Idea! Solid lifter flat tappet!!!
Retrofits aren't so bad! thats what i run 10.40's with :p

That's a smoking deal. Any plans of offering a 5.9 Magnum version of the same short block build?

I believe they ALL will eventually be magnums due to core availability. I have no timeframe for that however. Retrofit rollers with the link bars on the top are sold by various vendors. The blocks accept magnum heads without issue. You might even want to wait until delivery to order lifters, because occasionally an LA roller makes it through, BUT we don't document or babysit that. Nor can we. Luck of the draw!

-
Back