408 stroker header size

-
I' just worried when the motor torques it might rub so that's enough clearance ?mounts are in good shape

I' just worried when the motor torques it might rub so that's enough clearance ?mounts are in good shape

So chain the driver's side of the engine down.

Schumacher creative services torque strap is another idea.

If your engine moves enough to dent the header tube,
(without the chain or torque strap)
something’s wrong.

After exchage rate gst and sometimes duty and storage fees for pick up it costs more than just getting it local unless it' a speciality part.
Just an FYI, I live in the Fraser Valley and have had a mailbox in Blaine WA for years. There is no duty on car parts, the mailbox fees are like 2.75 per item and the tax at the border is 12% for BC. I find for trips under about $150 they just waive me through. Way less hassle and usually cheaper even at 30% exchange than buying local, sadly.

Last I heard for a day trip to the U.S.A. you are allowed a value of $200 to bring back before the tax grab. It does depend on what your bringing back (alcohol)
However I thought I heard a rumor that it had went up to $300

Last I heard for a day trip to the U.S.A. you are allowed a value of $200 to bring back before the tax grab. It does depend on what your bringing back (alcohol)
However I thought I heard a rumor that it had went up to $300
Ive been across border for half an hour and brought back $4000 dollars in parts with no duty.

It is at the discretion of the customs officer.
I just quoting the actual fact of the law.

Some provinces may have different laws regarding this.

Hi so ended up going with the Doug's as I can get them locally here. What a pain installing them it's all installed now glad I had the motor pulled to fit them I havent tried putting the starter in yet. it has about 1/16th of a inch between the header tube and the power steering box. Is that normal I don' want vibrations when it' all back together running. Should I shim the motor mounts up or dent the pipe up which I don' want to do.
Solid mount the motor.
Seriously, the motor will torque to the pass side, lifter the drivers side.

Use a combo of thick (truck) and thin (car) isolator pads. Loosen up the stearing box and motor mounts and move everything around until you get a good fit.
I have Dougs on my 68 Fastback and they fit great!
You can get the isolators at local parts store.

Ok so I guess I'll just leave it then it' only the number 1 tube that has any clearance problem but 1 16th should be enough I hope. Had to buy a mini starter wasn' too bad with that one the old one was impossible.

I want aware of any header that was bigger than 1.625 that would fit with power steering.
With manual steering you can use a 5204 Hooker. Or better yet, if you can find them 5303 Hookers.

But you can't have power steering.
Hooker520-5901-1 1.62 with manual steering

DSCN0327.JPG

No, the Milodon pan requires small notch but fits with headers very well. The notch is extremely easy to do with zip wheel, about 1/2" by 3/4".

View attachment 1715126737 Where in Canada are you? Pro Stock in Edmonton is a dealer with VERY good pricing on TTI, my W2 step headers came from there.

so hard to trace all the threads back to find the info.
What pan is this and do you have the part number? And pick up Part number?
I believe you have a 408 so I imagine it’s 360 based? LA or magnum? I think the magnum has slightly different pick up which I need.

I like how tucked up the pan is in yours. I have a Moroso (mopar performance version in a crate 402) on it right now and man that sucker hangs down!

could you show the notch you cut out!

Much appreciated if you can answer a few questions and maybe show the picture of a notch

thanks!

Last edited:
I believe you have a 408 so I imagine it’s 360 based? LA or magnum? I think the magnum has slightly different pick up which I need.

I like how tucked up the pan is in yours. I have a Milodon (mopar performance version in a crate 402) on it right now and man that sucker hangs down!

Much appreciated if you can answer a few questions and maybe show the picture of a notch

thanks!
If the Milodon pan you all are talking about is their 8 qt, then be careful which headers you use. TTI and Dougs will fit. There are a couple of others I'm not sure about. But the kicked out oil pan sump will interfere with the headers on the passenger side. The notch required to clear the front passenger side of the sump corner is the lip of the k-frame. But I don't have a pic handy. The Milodon 8 qt. is also a little bit shallower than the Moroso 8 qt., which also has a drain plug in the bottom of the pan (not good) while the Milodon is in the back side.

I like how tucked up the pan is in yours. I have a Milodon (mopar performance version in a crate 402) on it right now and man that sucker hangs down!

thanks!
Milodon 30936 pan, yes LA based using 89 roller block. I'll have to look into part number for pickup.

If the Milodon pan you all are talking about is their 8 qt, then be careful which headers you use. TTI and Dougs will fit. There are a couple of others I'm not sure about. But the kicked out oil pan sump will interfere with the headers on the passenger side. The notch required to clear the front passenger side of the sump corner is the lip of the k-frame. But I don't have a pic handy. The Milodon 8 qt. is also a little bit shallower than the Moroso 8 qt., which also has a drain plug in the bottom of the pan (not good) while the Milodon is in the back side.
I made a mistake, I have the Moroso, with the plug on the bottom, and I want it off the car.

‘’speaking about pans again, anyone have any thoughts on the Kevko? Been looking at that too

-
Back