408 Stroker in a Dart

-
I do want to drive it on the street and take to the track on occasion. A little worried about "street ability". I am going to reach to Blueprint. Thanks for the input!!

I do want to drive it on the street and take to the track on occasion. A little worried about "street ability". I am going to reach to Blueprint. Thanks for the input!!
These engines are extremely streetable. Everything we do is a performance street engine. Pump gas, runs cool, great torque, should do very nice for you. I love the aluminum headed, roller engine. Anything specifically I can help with let me know.

20200917_164440 - Copy.jpg
I have a 408 from blue print and bought it turn key and fired right off first time starting. I have 6,000 miles on it and if I take it on a road trip it's at least 100 miles to get anyplace from my house.
Drove it on a 1,000 mile trip last summer in 105* temp. Never a problem even in traffic. Dynoed at 471 HP and 501 FT Lbs. torque.
Running 4:10 gears with a Gear Vendor overdrive.

I wouldn’t hesitate to go with blueprint… they make a great motor! but I wanted to eek out as much power as I could and still be streetable, so for about 1500 more (at the time of order) I went with the PIE motor. They don’t have as long of a warranty (12 months), but they do dyno each motor like BP and they will tune EFI (etc) as well.

If we can find my kiddo his first a-body, We would be looking at blueprint as we wouldn’t be building his car to the same level of my dart. Actually… the old 340 out of my dart will probably go in his car… it ran fine…

the PIE stealth and the BP motor are pretty much the same… but BP has a longer warranty. That’s what would make me go with the BP in this case

i will say this… it’s pretty impressive to have a vender participate like this in a thread! Well done BP!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t hesitate to go with blueprint… they make a great motor! but I wanted to eek out as much power as I could and still be streetable, so for about 1500 more (at the time of order) I went with the PIE motor. They don’t have as long of a warranty (12 months), but they do dyno each motor like BP and they will tune EFI (etc) as well.

If we can find my kiddo his first a-body, We would be looking at blueprint as we wouldn’t be building his car to the same level of my dart. Actually… the old 340 out of my dart will probably go in his car… it ran fine…

the PIE stealth and the BP motor are pretty much the same… but BP has a longer warranty. That’s what would make me go with the BP in this case

i will say this… it’s pretty impressive to have a vender participate like this in a thread! Well done BP!
Yea Johnny is a good guy and stands behind what he sells.

go look at the spec on the race eliminator at pie…. The cam is insane. Gonna be a monster. But…He also makes a stealth 408 that looks stock.

That cam doesn't seem too radical.
In my 408 I'm running 251/[email protected] with right at 600 measured lift, on a 110 (wish it was 106), advanced 6 degrees. It's super easy to drive with a 4spd and 3.91 gears. Pulls around 10-12" of vac for me through the fitech.

That cam doesn't seem too radical.
In my 408 I'm running 251/[email protected] with right at 600 measured lift, on a 110 (wish it was 106), advanced 6 degrees. It's super easy to drive with a 4spd and 3.91 gears. Pulls around 10-12" of vac for me through the fitech.

well its more the most people would run anyways. and its insane compared to the HIT-280 that was in my old 340 (224/232@50 460/450lift). that's all i meant.

Last edited:
well its more the most people would run anyways. and its insane compared to the HIT-280 that was in my old 340 (224/232@50 460/450lift). that's all i meant.

True on both counts. I was more trying to make the point that with a stroker, the drawbacks of a big cam seem lessened and it should be a great powerplant.

-
Back