408 Stroker

-
If I NEVER go to that side of the state again I’ll be happy. That’s one reason why I stopped going to the Nationals over there. That side of the state makes me sick. Plus, in another month or so our gasoline prices will be equal to or greater than California.

Think that through.
We did think it through. Have you ever lived in Washington state? BLUE! Taxed to death with more coming. We decided to leave when they passed an illegal "capitol gains tax". The state constitution expressly forbids an income tax, yet it stood in the state supreme court. 75 cents a gallon gas tax. 10.7% sales tax. Outrageous property taxes. Crime out of control. Assault weapons ban, including a Ruger 10/22. 10 round magazine limits. after 32 years, we left and returned to the state I was born and raised in. I served 6 years in the USMC to ensure you can speak your opinion freely, even if I disagree with it. We love it here, to each his own, Brother.

We did think it through. Have you ever lived in Washington state? BLUE! Taxed to death with more coming. We decided to leave when they passed an illegal "capitol gains tax". The state constitution expressly forbids an income tax, yet it stood in the state supreme court. 75 cents a gallon gas tax. 10.7% sales tax. Outrageous property taxes. Crime out of control. Assault weapons ban, including a Ruger 10/22. 10 round magazine limits. after 32 years, we left and returned to the state I was born and raised in. I served 6 years in the USMC to ensure you can speak your opinion freely, even if I disagree with it. We love it here, to each his own, Brother.

I agree with you. I’m in south central Washington and the left side of the state retards are moving over here and bringing their crapola with them.

The wife and I still have both our parents (Luckily because they are all in the early to mid 80’s) and when they are gone we will probably move from here, depending on how old we are.

Its a damned shame what happens when these people move and infect everything everywhere they go.

EDIT: my ”think it through” statement was for those who don’t live in this state. It is for those to look at what happens when a certain party has full control of any municipality. Sure destruction is the result. 5 bucks a gallon for regular gasoline, and the bulk of that is taxes. It’s stupid.

Following as well.
As I too am assembling a 408 stroker, based off of a 2003 360 magnum.
I am going with one of the cams from Hughes Engines.
And giving the Eddy Mag alum. heads to machine shop to go through.

Due to the hydraulic roller, I limit RPM to around 6200, though it is still pulling like a freight train. However, torque output down low is so great, I don't feel the need to spin it any higher, the is very little loss with the rpm drop during the shift. Again, predominantly at hot street car. If the car was more focused to track time, it would have a solid flat tappet cam. Another point of compression, along with a bigger solid cam and it is a 600+ combo all day long.
Thanks. Also what is the centerline of your cam?
The one in my engine is 230/234 @ .050, .501 and .513 with 108. it’s kinda lumpy. Just trying to get and idea of streetability and redline rpm for this cam…. Is in a 402 cube magnum, with 9.0 compression, h beam rods, cast stroker crank. Hyper u pistons if that matters.

@4mulas - Isn’t that the MP create 380hp cam?

The cams 108 LSA is correct as possible with a 2.02 valve and the lumpiness should not really be an issue unless the converter doesn’t have enough stall. In a manual trans application, I can see it having a learning curve to it.

I have a Comp Thumper in my sons Edelbrock headed 360 and it has a low LSA as well. Even with the grandma 1st gear of the manual transmission, it is not bad but you just can’t dump the clutch at idle and go.

@4mulas - Isn’t that the MP create 380hp cam?

The cams 108 LSA is correct as possible with a 2.02 valve and the lumpiness should not really be an issue unless the converter doesn’t have enough stall. In a manual trans application, I can see it having a learning curve to it.

I have a Comp Thumper in my sons Edelbrock headed 360 and it has a low LSA as well. Even with the grandma 1st gear of the manual transmission, it is not bad but you just can’t dump the clutch at idle and go.
I think it is that cam. Mine is the 402 435 Horse motor which uses the same cam. Probably the extra horse because of the extra cubes from the 4"stroke and the big valve r/t heads. Just making changes on the whole thing now, someone put it together and never used it. It had a 3800 tci stall in on a full manual reverse pattern tci valve body trans. I found it to be way to much converter. Because of the gobs of torque it has I’m now aiming for anything between 2500-3000. I’m have a normal pattern regular valve bodied 727 transmission being built built with a trans go tf-2 kit for it now.

Thanks. Also what is the centerline of your cam?
The one in my engine is 230/234 @ .050, .501 and .513 with 108. it’s kinda lumpy. Just trying to get and idea of streetability and redline rpm for this cam…. Is in a 402 cube magnum, with 9.0 compression, h beam rods, cast stroker crank. Hyper u pistons if that matters.
LSA is 106

That will be a very street friendly cam.

5,000 sq ft garage, and no photos??? C'mon man, you know we all need to see this giant shop!
Here's a couple of shots, more to come if anyone is interested. Any FABO members are welcome. If you're visiting down here, and your car has problems, bring it by. The first shot is the front exterior, the second is the auto bay, in the far right of the exterior photo.

Garage Mahal EXT 1.jpg

Auto Bay 1.jpg

The middle double door used to be the PO's dyno (VMP Performance). He took the dyno but left the exhaust system. 2 frequency controlled blower systems with commercial filters. A couple of heat lamps, and I'll have a paint booth. The single door is my 900+ sq ft wood shop, with several 230 volt outlets for my sawdust makers. The entire building has 2 heat pumps. I can heat/cool any or all of the rooms via electric dampers. The house is 3,000 sq ft with a screened pool and spa. It sits on 2.61 acres, all high and dry. I know, we've been truly blessed, but my wife and I saved our entire lives, and invested well.

The middle double door used to be the PO's dyno (VMP Performance). He took the dyno but left the exhaust system. 2 frequency controlled blower systems with commercial filters. A couple of heat lamps, and I'll have a paint booth. The single door is my 900+ sq ft wood shop, with several 230 volt outlets for my sawdust makers. The entire building has 2 heat pumps. I can heat/cool any or all of the rooms via electric dampers. The house is 3,000 sq ft with a screened pool and spa. It sits on 2.61 acres, all high and dry. I know, we've been truly blessed, but my wife and I saved our entire lives, and invested well.

I wish you and your wife many years of happiness in your new home.

Per popular request, a couple more of the Garage Mahal. The exterior rear, the future paint booth, and the auto bay drive through double door in the rear. Also, the lawn tractor bay.

Auto Bay 2.jpg

Garage Paint Booth 1.jpg

Garage Mahal Ext 2.jpg

Tractor garage 1.jpg

Love that garage, so so nice!! And congrats to you to leave that crap hole state and move to the awesome new spread! Dart is super cool too love it.

-
Back