408" with 6-8 lbs boost

-
Well set up turbo can make all kinds of torque, when the turbo start to spool.
Remember when you add boost you don't necessarily gain any rpm, you just make a butt load more in that running range.
Example a 340 built to make power from 3-6000 rpm it will still make power in that rpm just a lot more power and torque in that range.

Is true,408 boosted would be killer with low boost level so less strain on the bottom end and valve train.

I don't see where there would be a problem. There are a lot of nay sayers, but most of them have not built a boosted engine. You don't have to get to extravagant for 6-8 lbs of boost. A stock forged crank, forged pistons and rods and you are good to go. Get the machine work done on the block and heads at a good shop and no worries. I have a 340 with a 6-71 that I built myself running 6-8 lbs of boost most of the time and when I want to step it up I can to 10 lbs with w/m injection. I run 31 degrees of timing with either setup and never had a problem. It doesn't have to cost a fortune either, I did mine for about $4000 all in. You just have to jump on the bargains when you see them. Heres a link to my build if you want some ideas or just some engine ****. Project 6-71 340 Demon

Jack

You have to remember too turbo are the easiest on the whole rotating assembly cause boost comes in gradual, also less strain over a supercharger cause you use the engines own normal exhaust. For a cruiser and a little cheaper go with a air to air intercooler just have it up front. If you want a good company look at cxracing they have everything tubing, intercoolers of all shapes and sizes, I have personally ran one of their intercoolers on my srt4 and it held 25+ psi, good quality parts, they even have turbos, exhaust manifolds can just use cast iron just flip sides and run the tubing, better buy stainless steel tubing though. You want to run twins or a single turbo?

Can easily be done. 408 stroker with MRL forged parts. 9.1:1 compression with a Novi 2000 blower hitting over 10 psi. Intercooler on 93 octane. Still in the tuning phase.

IMG_2441002120168.JPG

Last edited:
A boosted Durango kickin' ***? I like it. 6-8 pounds is totally fine for either choice. The Hellcat has 11 pounds of boost and the bottom end isn't made with anything exotic. I'd like 700hp even if I don't need it.

-
Back