408ci sale or part out??

-

MoparMan65

Reaction score
So ive got a complete 408ci with eddy heads and full forged bottom end. Im looking to get rid of this. Question is what would be the best way to sell? Should i keep it together or part it out? Reason being is it will need new bearings and i know how i would feel buying a used motor that needs new bearings, Nothing wrong with crank or rods and only discovered the bearing issue because i changed oil pans and pulled off a main cap to see condition of bearings and found that a few had heat marks(blueing of bearing around edges) assuming from tight clearance issues?.. Also im not looking to spend any more on the motor so replacing bearings isnt much a option. Any opinions appreciated.

I would sell the heads and short block separate

M1 I take
Eddy heads some port work
Head studs
Roads vmax lifters
Crane rockers
Ross pistons
Eagle h beams w/ARP 2000 bolts
Hugh's cam 550 lift 240@ 50
Scat 4" FORGED crank w/ main studs
LA roller block

Fully rebuilt last year with less than 500 miles. Ran mid 6.90s in 1/8 in 3800# dakota

20160430_021911.jpg

What all is it and how much

M1 I take
Head studs
Roads vmax lifters
Crane rockers
Ross pistons
LA roller block

Fully rebuilt last year with less than 500 miles. Ran mid 6.90s in 1/8 in 3800# dakota

View attachment 1715250450

If you decide to put a price on it, please start a classified ad for that.
Thank you

M1 I take
Head studs
Roads vmax lifters
Crane rockers
Ross pistons
LA roller block

View attachment 1715250450

That is a 9000 series cast crank FWIW. J.Rob

Try to sell it complete.... Yes, you will probably take a hit but that's how it goes sometimes.

You may can grab a few dollars more if you break it up into pieces but that may entail quite a bit more effort..... And someone is now buying pieces from a motor with some type of problem and without disclosing that info it may turn into a gray area for you...

Good luck,
JW

no way, part it out. Everyone wants to build a stroker and anyone is going to tear into it after they buy it anyway. All the stroker stuff fits in a USPS box, the block doesnt. Everyone has a 360 block and probably doesnt want to buy another if they already have one. It needs bearings anyway so I'd 'start the part'. Im guessing its already 30 over so anyone with a 360 can bore theirs to your piston size and start fresh with your rotating assembly. Sell the cam and lifters...heads. All mailable, about a 100X bigger market now that it can be mailed. JMHO as a parts hussler.

bluing of bearings on the edges. Do you have a full fillet crank (most likely), did you get narrow bearings? I had to clearance mine with my full fillet crank, took a die grinder to them and chamfered the edges like they use to with a bearing knife.

yes they were the correct narrow style bearings. If i had a picture it would tell you more but it was basically just tight clearances and with no more run time it has on the motor i just got lucky when i caught it. IMO

-
Back