416 oil leak

-

downsr

Reaction score
I have a 340 stroked to 416.Engine was dynoed no oil leaks.Oil pressure around 60 psi while driving -20 psi at idle.Engine does not leak oil unless i run it hard.It will have oil laying on top of timing cover and down back of block after i get in to it.Have pcv valve on left side and breather on valve cover on right side.Does have baffles under the breather and pcv valve.Motor has good vac.I did remove intake and had it cleaned.Could it be coming from the front and back of intake.I used sealant instead of gaskets in front and back.Could i be leaking oil around intake and not have vac problem

I use the front and back gaskets. I set them in place with weather strip glue so they won't move to the block. Sounds like the intake isn't sealing. Good luck.

Sounds like youve got it figured.Also sounds like your engine could use more ventilation, or less blowby. Blowby can be measured.
At high rpm the pcv system is defeated, and the pressure goes out, or is supposed to go out, the breather. If there is insufficient venting for the amount of blowby, the pressure will get out anyway/anywhere it can.
The chinawalls arent usually the first places to fail.
Usually the dipstick blows out. Or the breathers pop out.Or the valve cover gaskets seep.
You could plumb in a pressure gauge, viewable from the cabin and see whats going on, or have the blowby measured.
Id hate for you to replace the endseals, and have it happen all over.

-
Back