416 Stroker and various parts??

-

1971Duster340

Reaction score
hey, so after hearing what you guys have said i've decided to go with the 416 stroker kit for my 340 instead of the 408. But now im stuck on finding an appropriate cam to compliment the stroked engine so if you guys know of any valve train kits or cam that would go great with the kit please let me know thanks

You've got to provide a lot more info about the car before anyone could even guess a cam recommendation........ Engine build, manifold and headers, car and weight, tranny and torque converter etc. The more info, the better recommendation you stand to get.

its a 71 duster 340 automatic 727 tranny dual exhaust H-code engine with X-head and with 3rd member rear. Im pulling the engine and having it bored 0.30 over and having the heads refurbished and cleaned and need to know what rocker arms i should get because im not happy with the stock ones i dont want roller rocker arms just some high performance replacements same with valves and springs but in correspondance with the cam

For a baseline go to compcams and download camquest6. Ive had a couple buddies who have used it as a baseline to see what numbers would work with their combo. One of them after he was done he dynoed the car and was within 15 horsepower of what camquest projected his horsepower would be. Also don't hesitate to call the techline of other cam manufacturers as these guys make literally thousands of cam recommendations in a year and have probably come across every concievable combo. A lot of motor heads will make recommendations for a cam based on what "worked for their buddy" but most manufacturers make recommendations based on formulas and scientific processes---not the seat of the pants dyno and how good the exhaust note sounds. An engine that has a sweet exhaust note doesn't necessarily mean that it's making a lot of power, contrary to popular belief. Thanks

Do you have power brakes? What gears are in the 3rd member? What kind of driving do you do 80% of the time? What else for the other 20%? What kind of fuel do you need to run? Most important, what's the budget and include money for a new torque convertor?

no power brakes when i have the engine pulled i will upgrade the brakes and control arms and most of the suspension on the car i cant remember the gears exactly 8-3/4 maybe money is not a problem im going to organize what i need then save for a year and all at once order everything and do solid work for another year it was driven by an older guy i havent driven it much kept under speed limit car has 140,000 miles

-
Back