Status
Not open for further replies.

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Hate to see this go, but I aint ever going to have a car worthy of it so......here goes. 1966 HEMI, was a running engine, was dissasembled and taken to the machine shop for cleaning and inspection. All parts were full magnufluxed, there are NO CRACKS!! The block is .030, and still looks good, NEVER blown up or welded on, the crank is the correct 8 bolt unit, and is still std/std. Looks like factory rods, not sure on the pistons maybe TRW. 2 pistons have the top ring land pulled up in a spot, was told they could be repaired. Has a Crower solid roller cam, unsure of the specs, but there are numbers on the cam. Heads are nice, NO CRACKS, No porting or grinding whatsoever, has had bronze guilds installed at some point. All the bearings that came out were in good shape, could of left it together.. Factory rocker gear all nice, def not worn. Engine had sat untouched since the mid 70s untill recent. Looking for 9000.00, PM for any questions!!

Attachments

• PICT0078.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 946
  • PICT0077.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 929
  • PICT0083.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • PICT0085.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 885
  • PICT0088.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 885
  • PICT0089.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 877
Hey, you never know. You should post the engine numbers in your thread. Someone could be looking for that engine for a restoration. Good luck with the sale.

Dont think the VIN is on these older engines, but the casting numbers on the side of the block are 2468330-2 and the numbers on the pad beside the dist are BH 426 and there is 2 28 03 below that. If anyone knows what those numbers mean, feel free to post!!

hey bud, any chance you could send me that build sheet for the twister? i got the title now, and car is almost done! thanks bro

Hey 340plot, get off my for sale add.... just kidding man, pm me your address and I will send ya the build sheet. And update your thread on the car, I was watching it, and then you didnt post anything more for a while, glad to see you making progress on it!

Hey 340plot, get off my for sale add.... just kidding man, pm me your address and I will send ya the build sheet. And update your thread on the car, I was watching it, and then you didnt post anything more for a while, glad to see you making progress on it!

yes, ill get off .lol car is turn key, completly togehter, waiting for paint. i have been having too much fun beating it up and down the street to let it go for paint.lmao thanks

Would also prefer local pickup, but may be willing to ship at buyers expense...

I'm not sure if I did the pm correct can you pm me again.

Thanks Bob

Guys I know it aint cheap, but it is original.......and totally un-molested. ALL the factory HEMI blocks I have EVER seen, were used and abused, blown up, welded, sleeved, ect. I dont think anyone could ever find a nicer example........

I have a friend with an original 66 Hemi Charger. Although he has the original engine, plus a 1970 model AND a 528 crate engine, I will call him and see if he would like another. I will let you know.

I was curious,did you buy that from a guy in CT. a few years back?
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back