426 Hemi or 5.7 Hemi for a Duster

-

racerdude5

Reaction score
Which would be easier as well as more affordable? Putting a 426 Hemi in a Duster or putting a 5.7 Hemi in a Duster? Please provide reasoning and explaination. THANKS

idk for sure but im gonna say theyd be about even. one because a 5.7 needs the computer and such to run it so youd have to buy a whole truck or durango are dakota. and if went with a full on real elephant 426 well prolly 10k just for the engine. iit may be cheaper to bore a 391 or 331 to 426 since they are real hemis but mounts, and a trans and a rear end to withstand it all either way you go. ive never priced it or would even attempt it cause well im a cheap *** but im going to say theyd be the damn near same price.

A 5.7L crate engine carb setup with a 727 or a 4 speed will be the cheapest. But why run a modern motor on a carb when EFI is so much better?

Riddler

Cheapest and easiest? The new Hemi.
Coolest? 426 Hemi.
I wouldn't have said this 10 years ago, but as technology and the aftermarket moves forward, you can get a lot of the parts you need for this swap pretty easily and affordably.
There are a lot of written off vehicles to choose from to get complete engines etc. from now.
I would guess that to get the parts to install a 426 style Hemi properly would be at least double.
The engines alone aren't cheap!

426 or 440. Why? Panache. NOTHING trumps the thump of a big block Mopar. Modern schmodern.

If you go the 5.7 Hemi route I am putting one up for sale soon that has less than 100 miles on it. It is a 2005 but is essentially like a new engine. Bought it years ago for a project but never installed it.

Here it is

Challengerrestoration208.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hemi anything=COOL. I mean ice cold. Shoe horning a 426 in an Abody is tight though.old hemi swaps are awesome but aftermarket support could be scarce. Modern hemi? Probably a lot nicer for balance and easier on the pocketbook, but of the 3 types, maybe the least awe inspiring.

-
Back