440 comp ratio..!!!!!

-

Darthemi75

Reaction score
I am building a 440 (all stock with 906 heads) with 237 KB pistons. I want to know how much comp ratio i am going to get with this pistons. Because i dont want to have gas octane problems.

Is it a .030 over bore or more,what is the deck hieght of the motor now and the pin height of the new pistons,and what head gasket will you use,steel or compasion type,and the new pistons,how many vavle releifs in them.Mrmopartech

Is it a .030 over bore or more,what is the deck hieght of the motor now and the pin height of the new pistons,and what head gasket will you use,steel or compasion type,and the new pistons,how many vavle releifs in them.Mrmopartech

Is going to 030, is a 440 highPerfor (4 barrel of a 70 GTX). the Kb piston have 2 valve releif.... Felpro gasket kit for 440 ..........about the height i dont know because i dont know to much about engines. sorry

This parts i bought:

Felpro gasket kit 440 (summit)
High vol oil pump standart press
new pushrods hidrauli
comp cam 268-280
Mopar Springs 500 lift
roller chain
high volu water pump
750 carb eddy
906 heads with new valves

Depending on head volume&gasket determine the C/R.This is a list of what the ratio can be with different head volumes.
Compression Ratios
72-11.5
80-10.6
85-10.2
90-9.7
You will land up most likely with a 10.4:1 ratio as a good starting piont.get the specs and see if you will reface the heads and do a valve job,new valves,and if you will use steel shim head gaskets to figure the final ratio,mrmopartech

Stock 906 head combustion chambers were 88cc's but that's just the head, then ya gotto figure in the head gasket to.

Terry

-
Back