440 Duster with 2" TTI and Borgenson, does it fit?

-

petethekiller

Reaction score
Gents,

I am getting ready to pull out my worn and tired 440 in my 72 Duster for a newly built motor. I am currently running 1 3/4 TTI headers with the factory power steering mounted to a Spool type K-Frame. I would note that I feel this set up mounts the engine a little higher than my previous set up which utilized the biscuit style mounts. I very much want to run TTI 2" headers as this engine dynos 547hp and the 1 3/4 headers are likely gonna be restrictive. I know fully that the 2" headers will not work with the factory PS box but I have not found much information whether or not they headers will clear the more compact Borgenson box. I do not expect any header to be a drop in procedure but I dont want to hammer a tube to 50% of its size to make it work either.

Has anyone had success with mounting 2 in TTI headers with the Borgenson box in an A body without cutting and relocating tubes?

Thank you

IMG_20230103_155127.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using a factory manual steering box with 2" TTI headers, with a 440, biscuit engine mounts. Took time but got them in without beating them up.

What about this? I converted mine to manual with Schumachers and I have tons of room obviously to go to power steering. I know the schumachers will hurt me so I too plan to get the same headers you speak of. I saw this kit and was curious if its decent? Similar price to the full borgeson kit

EPAS Performance 3002: Electric Power Steering Conversion Kit Mopar A-Body - JEGS
That is something I am considering as well.... I think I would do DIY version for much less. The only drawback would be being stuck with a slow/sloppy manual gearbox

What about this? I converted mine to manual with Schumachers and I have tons of room obviously to go to power steering. I know the schumachers will hurt me so I too plan to get the same headers you speak of. I saw this kit and was curious if its decent? Similar price to the full borgeson kit

EPAS Performance 3002: Electric Power Steering Conversion Kit Mopar A-Body - JEGS
I did a diy setup with a new manual box from Lares (rock auto). Used the power steering stuff from a Nissan cube.
Power steering

no complaints on steering feel. Very similar to the power steering setup I had.

Call tti. They have the answers & their pretty nice

Popcorn not needed... closed and shut case.... nope. And nope again.... In fact, how did the 1 3/4 fit with the factory PS?

JW
I have a set of TTI 1 3/4 headers on my PS equipped duster.... they fit great. Tons of room, no dings and probably 3/16 clearance around the factory steering box. Im not soo sure why everyone feels like a larger header wouldnt fit with the Borguson gear

Popcorn not needed... closed and shut case.... nope. And nope again.... In fact, how did the 1 3/4 fit with the factory PS?

JW
Popcorn needed for me. I have 1 7/8" TTI with manual steering 440 with Spool type K member and I was curious if someone's using PS.

TTI 1-7/8 is a B/E body header isn't it?
I would like to know more on this too... I do recall in the CPPA days they offered a 1 7/8 A body header. I had like one of the first sets of their 2" primary headers, man that brings back frustrating memories lol....

This is where I can't help. I built this car almost 10 years ago. During the process I rounded up parts when ever I could find a good deal. I bought these used for $300. The guy said they were on a 440 duster with spool frame and that he was going bigger. That's all I know about them. I did have to ding next to the drivers side torsion bar.

-
Back