440 fitment

-

1qwikScamp

Reaction score
okay i know this isnt an abody but i have had no luck on the f body sites i am wanting to put a 440-727 combo i have into a 76 2door volarie i have any suggestions or good links with pics thanks

I put one in a 1977 Aspen r/t back in 1985 had to mod the stock frame mounts, mod the trans mount, mod the drivers sidestock exhaust manifold as the car had power brakes..13.45 ..106 mph 1/4 times..391's 3/4 sure grip..through the mufflers with radial tires..1968 TNT motor w/sixpack set up.
3500 stall, reverse manual valve body..fun street ride..divorce force sale for $500 for car...less the six pack in 1991..

i was kinda worried about the brake booster does anyone know of a company that sells some headers that might work

I put a 383 in a 1980 Volarie.I used 1969 B body headers perfect fit.I notched the kmemeber for oil pan clearance but a truck oil pan will work and you will not have to notch the K.I converted mine into manual disc brakes.I used a manual steering box from a 1969 B Body with a different arm on it if I remember right.I made solid mounts for mine.I LOVED that car it would go sideways right now!!!I would like to build another one one day..
Jim

I have never built one, BUT I believe the 73-76 a-body AND F-bodies used the same motor mounts for a small block. IF that is the case then it would stand to reason that the measurements used to relocate the motor mount saddles to make a DC k-member (www.bigblockdart.com) would also work for a small block F-body using 74-78 big block motor mounts.

Again, the disclaimer is that I have never owned OR worked on an F-body (M or J, too).

I put a 383 in a 1980 Volarie.I used 1969 B body headers perfect fit.I notched the kmemeber for oil pan clearance but a truck oil pan will work and you will not have to notch the K.I converted mine into manual disc brakes.I used a manual steering box from a 1969 B Body with a different arm on it if I remember right.I made solid mounts for mine.I LOVED that car it would go sideways right now!!!I would like to build another one one day..
Jim
i dont think a truck oil pan will work.. unless you do something with the steering .. i think the center link goes right where the sump of the truck pan would be (i have not tried it but looking at the parts and the location of the steering on my 69 440 dart gives me this assumption)

-
Back