440 intake

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
I have a torker intake on my 440 now i am looking for something better THe motor makes 450 hp It is a street strip car I like to find something esle thanks

The Edelbrock Performer RPM is hard to beat. The Indy dual plane rocks, too.

440-2D%20Dual%20Plane_500x400.jpg

You almost definitly will feel it on the bottom end, especially compared to that single plane Torker. Top end will probably be about the same.

I was told the was the torker not a good intake The car is tubbed with 456 gears with 29.5/10.5 tire its has a 4500 stall the motor is a mild 440

maybe the Mopar performance M1 single plane would be good for you, on our challenger's mild 440 we had a torker then switched to the M1 and it seemed to make a difference, never ran it to see what the intake alone did, but did take it for a drive and beat on it. I wouldn't say the torker is a bad intake but it may not be best for you, with your high stall I'm guessing the motor isn't afraid of rpm's where the M1 would help you out

If clearance issues are a prob with the Eddy RPM. the Holley street Dominator usually ranks second for street/strip use.

I run a tm-7 that's fully ported to my motor if i was you i would use the rpm, o yea and my motor is no way close to mild

my 440+ duster 003 (Small).jpg

I ran the TM-7 on a so-so mild 446 with 3.91s & 4000 stall, .509, IMO it rocked, but i ran pretty fast with the M1 single on a 451 low deck.

After reading the Hughes article, that explains why the M1 performed so well for me, & why i'll NEVER buy "another" RPM for a BB.

Go with the M1.

we run the m1 single plane on our 440 in the gt 11-1,eddys,2nd to the smallest sft hughes makes for the 440, good intake , running like *** and with drivetrain probs went 10.90s good intake, I'd probably go with the rpm on yours though like others have allready said.

I was going to add my nickels worth and say the TM-7 is likely what you will be happy with, and another post already said as much. It loves the rpm range just above what the torker does.
and I just so happen to have a perfect condition one I will sell.

PM me if you are settled as wanting it. I can't bench race with you on it though.

red

I have an old mopar action mag & they tested 12 intakes on a 440 & the top was a holley street dominator 2nd was eldebrock rpm

I run the Indy dual plane. I made 467hp at 5600, 514ft/lbs at 3900-4100

I like the Edlebrock RPM intake on my 440. It has 500.9 HP and my Scamp come off the line hard. I run 12.01 at 112 MPH with this intake threw the mufflers. It works alot better to me than the Torker.

For what you have I'd say if you want to upgrade, the M1 single plane is what you need. But if the engine is truly mild then the RPM will make more torque and similar horsepower to what you have now. The M1 will make more power overall not knowing anything else about your build.

so what about the victor intake i think i read in a magazine it will outperform the m1 and the dual plane rpm in a A body car.

Agree demon. The M1 is set up for a spreadbore. At least the ones I've seen are.

-
Back