440 notchback

-

fink

Reaction score
I have not posted much and I am not sure what the hell I am doing, but that is the way I have went through life. so here it goes. I have some pictures some might find interesting. the car was raced at fremont dragstrip in california, wrecked the drivers side quarter panel then stored since 1979. I hope to finish it this year. I still need that drivers side exhaust manifold !!! I will use a 383 one till I find one.

24.jpg

STP80483.JPG

STP80919.JPG

STP80991.JPG

STP80992.JPG

STP81070.JPG

STP81072.JPG

STP81105.JPG

Pictures of the car? More information on what you have there?

when I bought the car in 2014 it had been stored in a storage building since 1979 and was not messed with since it was raced. the 63 I found while hand stripping the car 5 or 6 years ago so I could find markings and I want it done correctly. partly tightass. 63 is the designation for 383 motors on the broadcast sheet. when the cars went down the line I believe it was to show workers it needed the big block k-frame. when built at certain dates they installed the 440. the small tag with the inner fender tag is the only one I have seen and been told by others that is the only one. I am sure they might others out there. the other pictures are paint inspection marks. also a good picture of the wiper motor. the paperwork, some from chrysler, time slip from fremont drags. the car was sold at melrose motors home of the melrose missile. I finished painting it, now put it back together.

$_57.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

STP81236.JPG

Nice, I'm the person that sold it to you in 2014. Not sure if I mentioned it but it came from a storage auction. I had won the auction for the car, but all the rest of the parts for that car were won by another guy before the car sold. There were 2 sets of exhaust manifolds with the car in the unit along with a bunch of hemi parts, one set of manifolds were NOS.

Nice, I'm the person that sold it to you in 2014. Not sure if I mentioned it but it came from a storage auction. I had won the auction for the car, but all the rest of the parts for that car were won by another guy before the car sold. There were 2 sets of exhaust manifolds with the car in the unit along with a bunch of hemi parts, one set of manifolds were NOS.
was the original trans. with it ?

There were several transmissions in the unit. I couldn’t tell you if the original was there, but there’s a good chance it was.

There were several transmissions in the unit. I couldn’t tell you if the original was there, but there’s a good chance it was.
093 trans, should have bought the parts manifold if you can find one is $3-6 thousand. Hope you have the engine mount $$, right carb linkage$$, radiator$$, shroud$$, ask me how I know.

Wish I could have bought all the parts. From what I understand there were probably $100k worth of parts that sold for less than $10k. I didn’t know about the auction as it sold a few weeks before the car came up for sale. The guy that bought the parts was the only one bidding against me for the car, otherwise it would have sold for less than $5k.

Sorry I wish I knew. I know he had someone lined up to buy the car and the parts for it in New York, but not sure if that ever happened since he won the parts and I got the car.

Sounds like parts were worth more than car. If you had won the parts the car would’ve been much cheaper

Yeah parts were definitely worth more than the car. It’s been 10 years since the auction but I think the parts went for about $8k and the car went for $7k. If I had been able to purchase both chances are I would have kept the car and restored it. The missing parts were out of my budget at the time though.

Last edited:
-
Back