440 Shorty headers???

-

BadBee

'69 Dart 440/6/4 speed
Reaction score
Has any body tried 'em? I have stock exhaust and I am switching up to headers to run a bigger
Cam on my six pack, If so Clearance issues?? Any other headers that are ok? It's a 4 Speed,
Manual steering , or is it a Schumacher Thing???
Thanks in Advance!!

TTI said their shorty's work with manual or power just need modified z bar and Robbmc mini starter. I called them to see if the shorty's would work with my borgeson box but they have not test fit them with it yet. I'll be ordering some soon and hope they work. I've been holding off to see if someone will chime in on some under chassis that will fit or has done my combo with shorty's.
Sorry not much help for now but maybe will have some answers soon.

Thanks Big Block, I'll post any new info also!! BTW did TTI say what H.P.the shorty is good
For??

Thanks Big Block, I'll post any new info also!! BTW did TTI say what H.P.the shorty is good
For??

They did not say when I spoke to them but the web site state's 475Hp. Not as much H.p. as I would like but these are going to be a good improvement over my factory manifolds.

Thanks Guys, I've been researching and I will keep us posted as youz do the Same!

Well I could not wait any longer, shorty's are ordered w/ head pipes and z bar.
Will update fit when I get them installed.

AWSOME !! Post some pics and GOOD LUCK WITH THE INSTALL!!! BTW what was the $??

Is that the starter included? Or are you figuring the WHOLE EXHAUST ??

oK shorty's are almost in as I'm waiting on the Rob Mcc starter to get here for final install on drivers side.The pass side slide right in no problems at all and used all the factory studs,nuts they are much better than header bolts in my opinion. Driver side not so good but remember I am using the untested by TTI Borgeson box. After several shim attempts, new motor mount I had to put one ding in the #3 tube just below the one TTI puts in for box clearance and use a 3/16 shim on drivers side mount, I only have to use 1 header bolt on front tube 2nd hole.The Z-bar in my car fit perfect so I did not need the one ordered from TTI. Only real complaint I have is the pass side head pipe points towards the driver side muffler not strait back like the drive side will. Sorry no Pics as of yet, I plan on using heartthrobs 2.5 exhaust w/hvt? mufflers If I remembered that right, yes they are not an x or H pipe system But I can H them later If I like. I Hope this makes sense and maybe help some one.

69 Dart GTS factory BB 383 car now w/fresh 67 GTX 440 :glasses7:

BigBLOCK I'm all Ears!!! Good luck on the Drivers side!!! Do you have power steering??
Why TTi and not Schumakers?? Horse power??

Yes I have power steering, It is the new borgeson power steering box much smaller.
As TTI over Schumakers: I'm just not a fan of the tri-y style just don't look like a true header, has to be modified for stick cars. Does not seem like they would scavenge as well but I have no proof, the maker does not use his own product on his dart. Maybe he wants to keep his dart original? more power to him but it sure would help promote his product if he did.

I can't wait for the comments now, I probably should have just stuck my foot in my mouth.:banghead:
-Big Block-

(I can't wait for the comments now, I probably should have just stuck my foot in my mouth.:banghead:)
-Big Block-[/QUOTE]

Or cut off fingers!!

Nice!!! I'm doing a 67 now, what h.p?? Did you keep the 915s? I'm going with the TFs. As far as TTi that's your business Bro!! Can't wait for the
Pictures! Congrats !!

Schumacher all the way. Have them on my 383 valiant. Great fit. And easy to install.

I got some of these TTI shorty headers new in the box with my 383 Barracuda & I am not completely sold on going with them. I am running my car with a taller stance so I don't really need the ground clearance so full length will be fine.

Eager to hear a report of what you think of them so I can decide to keep or sell them.

Ok still have not gotten any pics sorry been super busy.All an all they fit pretty good one clearance ding in #3 to clear borgeson box and a shim under motor mount and they were in.Then onto the head pipe, bolted it in and went to slide in the torsion bar (as I'm redoing front end at the same time) and it would not clear the header pipe:banghead:. So Id say the biggest problem I had with them was having to put about a 6in long x 1/2 ding in the head pipe bottom left that TTI said would clear,they did not know about the "NEWbox" fitment. I did install a new trans mount and that helped some to. Pass side fit like a glove!

Ok here's some pics! Steering column is not bolted to fire wall yet.

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 511
  • 057.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 430
  • 058.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 061.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 062.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 433
  • 059.jpg