440 timing pinging and popping thru exaust

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Just as everybody has figured out. You're here to cause trouble. I hope you keep chasing your tail. I am done. If yall are smart yall are too.

to everyone else...I think the best way since I don't have a tape on the car that will allow me to time this past 10 deg advance is to borrow a digital timing light on it and start somewhere between 14 and 17 deg advance (as rustyratrod said) and adjusting it forward or back depending on whether it pops back thru the exhaust or pings when advanced but I have tried this method without the help of a timing light just by hand and I am afraid that this problem will not go away by a simple timing adjustment and if so what could the problem be?????

Again, you're insulting one of the guys that can help you figure this out.... :banghead:

He may be a little harsh, but he knows what he's talking about. Look at how many thanks he has.... :evil3:

If he was such an a--hole, he wouldn't have that many thanks... #-o

Ignore his "jabs" and give him the info that he's asking for, and he will help you out.

one with a level head

Exactly. Look at post number 8. Yet he says no help. Then piles on me and everybody else for not helping. Help is what we ALL did first, before he turned it into a slug fest.

I've been holding back my advice since my first post because of his attitude.... :finga: :finga: :finga:

Apparently he hasn't been around here enough to figure out who knows what... :???:

START TROUBLE???? sir I think not you obviously aren't reading the entire posts

you obviously aren't READING anybodies posts. otherwise , you would be out "romping" on your 440 with your chevy buddy instead of staring at your distributor going "duh?" and coming here looking for more help when the answers have been handed to you DESPITE all your YEARS of experience in the mopar world

one with a level head

I've been trying to calm this down. These guys can help you, but insulting them isn't the way to go about it.... :banghead:

You catch more bees with honey than lemons.... :angel12:

kamsgts440,I sent you a PM ,if you want some help,you can call me or toss the PM in the can,either way is good for me,as I am hear to help anyone that needs it,mrmopartech

Part of the process here is we give you advice, and you go try it and report back. We go from there if the first suggestions doesn't fix it. If you don't try anything and give us any feedback, we don't know where to go from there or if you fixed your problem.

It also helps to post the fix when you finally figure it out, so we all can learn from it and help the next guy that comes along with the same problem...

Do you have any timing marks on your engine?

Why do you need a "digital" timing light? Will a regular timing light or advance timing light do the trick?

You can make any timing light work if you know what you are going to be working with.

If it's a standard light with no advance dial, then find TDC for your engine and mark it on your damper.

Then rotate the engine to 10° and make another mark. Another one at 20°, 30°, and then 35°. Now use those marks with any light to see where you are at and try adjusting it forward or back two degrees at a time until you find the sweet spot.

Here's a link to help you dial it in with a vacuum gauge:

http://www.earlycuda.org/tech/vacuum2.htm

Here's another link to help you get the carb adjusted:

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/tuning.htm

Good Luck...

You have 11 posts in this thread either arguing or name calling or totally off topic. That tells me why you are here right there.

You have 11 posts in this thread either arguing or name calling or totally off topic. That tells me why you are here right there.
half with you and half with ur alter ego 73abodee you've made it that way...next

It seems I owe 73 an apology re post 38.
I misread it, and took it to be an insult to RRR. But from the gist of this rather rambling thread, I have concluded that it was not, but rather, seems to be some form of camaraderie.
So 73AbodEE; sorry.
And to any one else whose toes I may have stepped on, also, sorry.

I misread it, and took it to be an insult to RRR. But from the gist of this rather rambling thread, I have concluded that it was not, but rather, seems to be some form of camaraderie.
So 73AbodEE; sorry.

I agree. All because of the OP this has turned into a shitfest and all he will do is blame everyone else. He should look in the mirror at the shitfest staring back at him.

So 73AbodEE; sorry.

no , that was by no means directed at Rob, (RRR), he has been a tremendous help to myself and plenty of others when we need it. my post was more of a (I cant believe the OP just said that to him) type of post. no need for any apology , the word I used was to describe the OP is in a nutshell, but I deleted it just to keep it civil , although I still stand by it .

77 posts and he still doesn't have the 440 timed.
maybe, the guys over at Moparts can help !
but then again, with your attitude, they would chew you up. lol
I rest my case, your from generation X, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back