440 wont start

-
i'd aree but when i bring up the #1 cylender to tdc on comp stroke both valves are closed and i can move the push rods "spin them " easy with my finger tips i'm going to do a compression test even tho i took off 906 heads that where 88cc and put on 84cc eddys which should have up my compression

if it a hydraulic cam then there is no problem with the valves adjustment, if it is a solid lifter cam then we have a problem
i'd aree but when i bring up the #1 cylender to tdc on comp stroke both valves are closed and i can move the push rods "spin them " easy with my finger tips i'm going to do a compression test even tho i took off 906 heads that where 88cc and put on 84cc eddys which should have up my compression

you can kill a cylinder at a time until ya isolate which one is causing the miss and pull that valve cover and make sure a pushrod didn't try to get a rocker arm pregnant,doesnt sound logical to look for electrical issues if all ya did was mechanical stuff....double check the firing order 18436572 and it rotates counter clock wise

did a compression test 130 140 psi in cylinder 1 and 8 there the easyest to get to big block in and a body makes it had to get to some plug plus the tti headers make it really hard i also pulled the valves covers and every thing looks to be working right no bent pushrods no messed up rockers also checked spark its sparking every 4th stroke so its not the pick up or msd nice bright blue spark so the coil seems to be working right

got it running firing order is 180 out used the valves to see what was on the compression stroke i did try that before and it didn't work just want to say thanks for all the help

I was late to the party here but after reading the OP, this was going to be my first suggestion. I've done this to myself more times than I can friggin count. Sure both valves are closed, but which one closed last? GAH! This is now the first thing I check.

-
Back