440ci tuning where to start?

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hi all, have a 440 ci in my 67 barracuda,running through a 4 speed and 8 3/4 rear. engine pretty stock,holley 750 vac sec,edelbrock dual plane inlet,shumacker tubular hedders,points dizzy,msd 6a ign. im not going drag racing, just want some more power <as we do> what sort of power should i be getting,any suggestions on heads/cam to complament carb settup etc. many thanks, merry christmas all, have a peacful new year.:cheers: is it worth the $$$ on alu heads or can good power come from decent cam and headwork? do appreciate the input,these cars are rare as here! how far can you go on original pistons/bottom end?

first what year motor is in the car.and how much money do you want to spend.and how fast do you want to go.do you want a go any were do any thing kind of motor.that will cruise 70 or 80 mph all day long.and get decent mpg.

hi, engine a pre production, 65 im told, the dizzy is billet only triggering msd did have orange box/ ballast resistors........:bootysha: no idea what sort of power i should have, know theses potential for a lot more! to be honest doesnt feel much more than my 318.

aye man! thinking its all down to carb not right. usual, was told it was off blah blah, going to see whats what, ie all functioning etc and jet sizes, you reakon 500hp attainable on cast heads but reworked? 440 in my A body heavy, pay me to junk em and go lighter ally!

-
Back