Detonation on 408 Stroker

-
How long have you had the motor? How many miles have you put on it? What kind of driving? Who broke it in?

Just some quick math assuming about .039 compressed head gasket it shows 10.17 to 1, that is on the edge where everything needs to be working well together. It’s not at this time, but you should be able to get it to work with the heads.

And this is the #1 reason why I say a true 8.5 to 1 for a street engine. Plenty for today's pump gas. But the world is set on over 10:to 1 minimum. Sorry, I got sidetracked.

And this is the #1 reason why I say a true 8.5 to 1 for a street engine. Plenty for today's pump gas. But the world is set on over 10:to 1 minimum. Sorry, I got sidetracked.

I cannot agree more......even though my slant build is going to be 9.7. It was either that or 8.2. So I'm going 9.7 with a rowdy cam. lol DCR will be 7.5.

I’ll try and do a comp test at the weekend
Plugs are ok as far as I can remember but I’ll check when doing comp test
Thanks Again
Kev

Add another 5-6cc or so worth of gasket...... should put you in the 9.7-9.8 range.
Something in the 4.100 x .070 range.

I take it your also running cooper core plugs instead of platinum/iridium, etc. But yeah, too much DCR would be my guess too, but a hot compression test will tell the tale.

I cannot agree more......even though my slant build is going to be 9.7. It was either that or 8.2. So I'm going 9.7 with a rowdy cam. lol DCR will be 7.5.
Now you're talkin'! Leaving torque on the table is for people too lazy to tune....

-
Back