Status
Not open for further replies.

1967 'cuda

Dropped on Head as a Baby
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
One of the persons selling stuff at the Lincoln swap meet was a guy that had a ton of big block Mopar motors and transmissions. They were dated 66s, 67s, 68s, 69s, 70s, 71's, and 72s. Most were 440s with some 383s and 400s. Each one was coupled to a torqueflite. He was asking $450 for each engine/transmission combo. I asked him if it was OK to give out his contact information and he said that he wished I would because he needed to clear space and raise money. I think he might even deal down on them.

The administrators don't want phone numbers listed here so you can pm me for the info. The parts are located in Monroe, Nebraska

After I'd given his phone number out to a handful of guys I decided I better call him to make sure he wasn't getting annoyed with too many calls. He said it's all good and he still has most of them. He also said that at one time he was sitting on over 50 of these engines. He said that he goes out and turns them over with a wrench every so often to make sure that the don't lock up and to try to keep the cylinder bores from distorting. That's all the details I have for now.

Any way to get the vin#s from all these blocks? A lot of people looking for their original motors!

Any way to get the vin#s from all these blocks? A lot of people looking for their original motors!

You'd have to call the guy. I'm pretty sure he'd scrape off the paint and read them for you. From what he told me it sounded as if most of the motors came from vehicles that were heading to salvage yards to be crushed. Finding the correct numbered motor would be a long shot but you never know...

wow, a complete 383 goes for $800 out here...Score!

Even around here they should bring $500 to $600 without transmissions. I guess if you don't have an official business with customers coming around or if you don't advertize online it'd be more difficult to find prospective buyers. If I was in the market for one I'd have taken one myself. - And if a guy was smart and had the cash he could make some bucks buying the whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back