46 Plymouth

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
This car came by work today and I went out and took some pictures. Don't under estimate this car...... Hot Rod did a article on it years ago! It has been involved in several "Cannon Ball Runs".

You can hear it run http://carolinarodshop.com/

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/home/WhatsNew.do?index=0168

It has cold A/C and electric windows.

74e27c00.jpg

8629e486.jpg

072b2ed7.jpg

Corvette suspension , drivetrian, and engine.
f5773a4a.jpg

76206d95.jpg

5cda8184.jpg

06bb0571.jpg

35bae5ba.jpg

Front brake air cooling ducts

8b0d784c.jpg

I can't seem to figure out what the hooks are for on the front end (first and last picture).
There is one on each side. ?????

To hang the extra waterbags from when crossing the desert areas, them flatheads get hot =P

Good question, no idea what they are used for.

Cool rat rod! Too many Chevy parts though.

Cool rat rod! Too many Chevy parts though.

Sorry, wrong forum.

This car was designed to handle. It doesn't get any simpler than dropping it on a Corvette suspension I suppose. The car is located in SC and has made trips all the way to California and back numerous times.

This isn't really a rat rod ....it's sole purpose is to take on the road course tracks and travel thousand of miles. You know"Cannon Ball"?

If you can't let that slide knowing the intentions of this car then buddy you have a problem!

This car was designed to handle. It doesn't get any simpler than dropping it on a Corvette suspension I suppose. The car is located in SC and has made trips all the way to California and back numerous times.

This isn't really a rat rod ....it's sole purpose is to take on the road course tracks and travel thousand of miles. You know"Cannon Ball"?

If you can't let that slide knowing the intentions of this car then buddy you have a problem!

It's a corvette with body kit. As such, it's in the wrong forum, IMO.

If they really wanted it to handle, they should have built it on a Viper platform anyways.

Intentions are nothing. You can run for congress on good intentions.
Call this car what it is: A chevy with Plymouth body.

Once you do that, then you can tout its accomplishments, which are nothing. People drive corvettes coast to coast all the time.

that cleared rust look is plain stupid looking. i just don't understand building a car to look like crap. that rust and even the primered look everyone is going for because its traditional or whatever they want to call it was just a stage in the build back in the day. it wasn't the finished product.

a) its not a body kit it's the whole car
b) maybe just maybe they didn't have a viper setting around ever thought of that?
c) obviously you don't understand what you just said..... yes corvettes get drove coast to coast all of the time...thats why they installed the body on the corvette suspension ... much better than the 46 suspension they had!

If you read the links I posted the true accomplishments aren't really the car itself even though its part of it. The fact that they drive the car 24 hrs constant is an accomplishment.

I like it. I don't care what others think or how many chebbie parts it has. It's cool.

not a big fan of the Chebby parts or the clear over rust. i have a 47 that may get drove in primer & rust eventually but that will be durring the work not the finished product.

This car came by work today and I went out and took some pictures. Don't under estimate this car...... Hot Rod did a article on it years ago! It has been involved in several "Cannon Ball Runs".

You can hear it run http://carolinarodshop.com/

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/home/WhatsNew.do?index=0168

It has cold A/C and electric windows.

74e27c00.jpg

8629e486.jpg

072b2ed7.jpg

Corvette suspension , drivetrian, and engine.
f5773a4a.jpg

76206d95.jpg

5cda8184.jpg

06bb0571.jpg

35bae5ba.jpg

Front brake air cooling ducts

8b0d784c.jpg

Yea I had a bussiness cpe and mine had a Hemi in it that I put in in 1954 a desotos 331 wit to fours and a big cam and welded spider gears That is the wy I learn to race

-
Back