46 Years Ago

-
[quote="Dart67";1969960629]It was 46 years ago today on 5/3/1967 that I took delivery of "The Dart" or "Ole Blue" that I had ordered months earlier.

If you would have told me then that I would still own and drive the car 46 years later, I would have thought you would be crazy.

Here is a photo of how "The Dart" / "Ole Blue" looks today.

View attachment 1714615855

Herb[/quote]

Nice clean car, you took care of it.
I was born about 4 months before you picked the car up.
My dad brought me home in a 66 fury he bought new, also my other two sisters were brought home in the same fury.
Dad is the type that does not sell anything, so me and my sisters also drove his "baby 66" when we were old enough to drive when he let us.
He traded it for another new car in the mid 80's because mom made him.
He went back to the dealer the next day to buy his car back and they had already sold the car.
He still has his 78 power wagon he bought new.

[quote="Dart67";1969961361]Here is a photo of the engine bay.

View attachment 1714615988

Herb[/quote]

Great story and a beautiful car. Aren't you glad you kept it? Hell, I'm glad you kept it! LOL

So I take it the car had a repaint . I see it is missing the windshield washer fluid hose and squirters . And that the hood bumpers are gone and by the battery all the plastic clips that hold the wiring down is missing . All these pieces are being repoped and would really make the car complete . Looks really good other than the few small parts missing . Nice restored car but not a survivor

I still have my 67 383 GTS I bought brand new in May 67 from Carl Price Lincoln, Mecury Dodge in Jasper, Al, Joe

-
Back