499 performance center thoughts ?

-

sirmopar

Reaction score
I’m interested in this engine for sale, I would like to hear peoples opinions and thoughts. Has anybody had any experience with performance center in Dayton Ohio ?

hopefully my pictures uploaded , I haven’t done that in a while. Thanks

16DCE3A6-66A7-4C1B-AD48-9FA642C701C5.png

A couple of questions you may want to ask.......
-when was it built?
-were all the parts brand new when it was built?

The reason for the second question is....... there are a few items listed that haven’t been available in quite a while......like the Crane rockers and the M1 manifold.
Also, I haven’t seen Indy valve covers like that in a very long time.

The main reason it would matter is in establishing the value.
If everything was new when built it would be worth more in my mind than if some of the parts in it were used.

That is an okay price for that collection of parts but you'll never know how good of a deal it is until you run it. The problem with custom built engines is that it only takes one small part to be wrong and the whole engine can go south really quick. So whoever put it together needs to have done an excellent job or else it all gets redone.

I'm assuming those are EZ heads? The ad doesn't say.

I’m interested in this engine for sale, I would like to hear peoples opinions and thoughts. Has anybody had any experience with performance center in Dayton Ohio ?

hopefully my pictures uploaded , I haven’t done that in a while. Thanks

View attachment 1715705895

Hey sirmopar,
One of the things I look for when dealing with Autobody , Machine or mechanical shops is to first look at how clean and organized the place is. Perfect indicator of how you will be treated and what kind of product/service you will receive.
Usually a tad more expensive but I've yet to walk away disappointed!

That is an okay price for that collection of parts but you'll never know how good of a deal it is until you run it. The problem with custom built engines is that it only takes one small part to be wrong and the whole engine can go south really quick. So whoever put it together needs to have done an excellent job or else it all gets redone.

I'm assuming those are EZ heads? The ad doesn't say.
Thanks guys .

Andy , that is my worry ... not knowing quality of the build. All of you guys have great valid points. Thank you

-
Back