5/16 or 3/8 for fuel lines?

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
I have a 74 318 2bbl car and I want to order new fuel lines. They are asking whether I want the 3/8 line or the 5/16 line. I have a 318 V8, what lines do I need?

5/16 would probably work for everything you would ever wanna do, but if I was replacing lines I would go with 3/8. That will sustain almost anything you would ever upgrade to.

3/8 sized fuel sending units are available.

I, myself, when doing this, upgrade the whole fuel line system to 3/8 in stainless steel. It's worth every penny.

3/8 sized fuel sending units are available.

I, myself, when doing this, upgrade the whole fuel line system to 3/8 in stainless steel. It's worth every penny.

Better listen to Rumble. That is what I've done on my dart.

Good question, good info.

It sounds like the consensus is 3/8" if you're replacing...

Where will you see the limits of the stock 5/16" lines though? Mine seem to be fine shape but they'll be feeding a bigger motor now. Until this thread, I had assumed they would be adequate.

Good question, good info.

It sounds like the consensus is 3/8" if you're replacing...

Where will you see the limits of the stock 5/16" lines though? Mine seem to be fine shape but they'll be feeding a bigger motor now. Until this thread, I had assumed they would be adequate.

Show me where anybody said 5/16" would not be adequate. Nobody said or implied that. All that was agreed upon was that if they were being replaced anyway, to go 3/8".

-
Back