5.7 A/C delete pulley

-

cudadan

Reaction score
does anyone make one for the 5.7 truck motor?, or what have you fabed up in place?,, thx:burnout:

Yup, I got one at NAPA. Around 20 bucks if I recall. It's a bracket that bolts in place of the AC unit with an idler pulley.

That's what I told them when I went in and bought it. They did have to order it in though.

Car or truck front cover makes a difference too. A truck cover can just bolt an idler straight to the cover as opposed to needing a bracket to hold one.

Car or truck front cover makes a difference too. A truck cover can just bolt an idler straight to the cover as opposed to needing a bracket to hold one.
that's what I did. Just purchased a dayco pulley. (Truck front cover)

I also just read that you said truck motor. Guess my brain wasn't on yet this morning. I did have to make a spacer to get the offset from the cover correct, but it was really nothing more than a stack of washers in my case. About $6 for the pulley beats the price of a whole bracket setup. Also gives you a little better room for mounting other stuff, though you'll have to measure your own belt.

I also just read that you said truck motor. Guess my brain wasn't on yet this morning. I did have to make a spacer to get the offset from the cover correct, but it was really nothing more than a stack of washers in my case. About $6 for the pulley beats the price of a whole bracket setup. Also gives you a little better room for mounting other stuff, though you'll have to measure your own belt.
Yup the truck motor.. Cool sounds easy. Thought this was gonna be an issue..

I can get you the part numbers when I get to work this afternoon. Will post tonight or in the morning.

Grooved pulley part# 231108 smooth pulley part#231107 theses are Autozone part numbers.

Aj

-
Back