5.7 Hemi front distributor drive kit

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Has any body used Mopar number P51555929 or P5155930 front distributor kit? If so do you have any finished pictures

I have not seen any of the 'regulars' use it. There may be a lurker using it, though.

I was under the impression it was "prohibitively expensive" compared to just getting an MSD box to run the coils, but then again prices may have changed since I did my swap.

Couldnt they of used a dizzy that didnt have a foot long shaft housing? That thing is saying "HEY IM A DISTRIBUTOR IS A GEN III HEMI LOOKY AT ME". Does it clear a hood with wires on it?

Couldnt they of used a dizzy that didnt have a foot long shaft housing? That thing is saying "HEY IM A DISTRIBUTOR IS A GEN III HEMI LOOKY AT ME". Does it clear a hood with wires on it?

LMAO!!!! Very true!! How about functional a dual plug distributor? It would be for looks but I would think about it!! Sorry OP!! I went on a tangent.

Has any body used Mopar number P51555929 or P5155930 front distributor kit? If so do you have any finished pictures

Why go backwards? is my thought.

That looks like a bigger headache than just putting in an MSD hemi-6 ignition.

I think the main reason behind this and a carb intake is basically just that you can do a full engine swap with pretty much zero modifications to the car. Don't have to change any existing wiring or run any new wires, just drop in the new engine like any other one. Some people are just used to tuning the old stuff too. I got my full injection setup from a guy that stripped it off a 340 because he just knows and likes tuning carbs. He didn't think of it as a loss, but it was one heck of a gain for me.

There might also be some weird class regulations somewhere that would prohibit an MSD box. If you were dead set on running a 3G and couldn't use the electronics you could go this route. Though I do find it interesting that they still have coil packs on that picture. Maybe the distributor just produces a trigger pulse?

with a design change of the front end it looks fantastic old school. But not working on 6.1. Need a cap with 16 cables... :D

I think the main reason behind this and a carb intake is basically just that you can do a full engine swap with pretty much zero modifications to the car. Don't have to change any existing wiring or run any new wires, just drop in the new engine like any other one. Some people are just used to tuning the old stuff too. I got my full injection setup from a guy that stripped it off a 340 because he just knows and likes tuning carbs. He didn't think of it as a loss, but it was one heck of a gain for me.

There might also be some weird class regulations somewhere that would prohibit an MSD box. If you were dead set on running a 3G and couldn't use the electronics you could go this route. Though I do find it interesting that they still have coil packs on that picture. Maybe the distributor just produces a trigger pulse?

Yes I believe there is a class that requires someone to do this. I called MP tech and they had NO information on this item. It only fires one plug don't know about the coil packs - could probably change out the dizzy to a better one -- I believe I'm out

It's set up to use an Amc distributor and a big block mopar fuel pump I think it is summit that has it listed without dist or fuel pump for about $900

Its like 10 steps down the evolutionary ladder , they are doing this same thing with the Chevy LS engines. We have done nothing but complain about not being able to put injestion on Mopars for years , now we get the coolest setup there is and what do we do, put a dist and carb ...................... AMAZING

Digging this up from the dead. Anyone have a line on one of these kits or a Prefix/Arrow kit? I've known about this stuff for a good bit. Intrigued....

Why would anyone want to digress 50 years and NOT have a coil on plug setup vs. the archaic distributor?

-
Back