5.9 magnum distributor

-

05harley

Reaction score
This may have been asked before but here goes-----I am installing a 5.9 magnum (96 model) into a 73 Dart Swinger----the engine will remain stock with a carb vs. mfi----Is there any way to use the stock distributor married up to a mopar electronic box and coil??

If your asking if you can use the magnum distributor the answer is no you'll have to use an LA distributor the LA version drops right in with no modifications. Also go to MagnumSwaps.com with any and all concerns about this swap it's the bible on the subject!

Last edited:
If you need one I have plenty of them just let me know what curve you want.

If you have any intentions of going EFI keep the magnum distributor for use as a locked out version for computer controlled timing.

If you have any intentions of going EFI keep the magnum distributor for use as a locked out version for computer controlled timing.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of EFI does that Magnum distributor work with? Factory only, or would it work with others such as FiTech, Sniper, etc?

NO!!! The magnum distributor DOES NOT HAVE an ignition trigger. It only has a CAM SENSOR. It may or may not be easy to convert to a reluctor/ pickup for ignition I have not looked

Ignition trigger for magnum EFI is a crank sensor and flex plate

-
Back