$5 ld4b

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Bought an LD4B in very mint shape at a garage sale. I was thinking of refreshening the stock 273 in my 67 Dart. Is this a pretty decent mild build intake? I'd convert it to the 4 barrel while I freshen. Just wondering if my $5 find would work ok for a cruiser.

As long as it bolts up properly and seals up well, yup.
Excellent intake. It'll take you far performance wise.
Oh! Good score!

A LD4B for 5$ in mint condition may be considered stealing in the Mopar world... haha

It is a good intake. I performs really well in a moderate build and has smaller ports than the 340/360 intakes, which makes it great for 273/318 builds.

But... it depends on what you mean mild, but I think it would be fine on even more mild builds.

Put a nice 260° - 270° duration cam in there, double roller timing chain and a 500 - 600 CFM 4 bbl and it will run great with dual exhaust.

I just need to freshen it up. It's burning a little oil now. It's a neat survivor car but it's using too much oil now. Rings are shot. Valve guides and seals are shot. I'm not trying to make huge HP, just convert it to a 4 barrel and get more than stock HP specs out of it. Figured it would be a decent intake.

The LD4B is an excellent intake. Think of it as a small runner Performer RPM. This intake will support 300+ hp and deliver excellent street manners. The only possible (minor) drawback is the lack of coil bracket bosses (move coil to fender). Assuming it is in usable condition the going rate is 20-30 times what you paid.

Since it sounds like your 273 is tired and in need of a rebuild, might I suggest you review this thread for ideas... http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=94343

Yeah it looks like it's never been installed honestly. All the threads are in excellent shape.

Im trying to upload a few pics of how I mounted my coil to the passenger rear carb stud to look stock & not drill any holes in the inner fender. Yeah I know it runs cooler on the fender but each to there own. Also the kickdown linkage will need to be modded (it an automatic) to work correct with the taller ld4b intake. It improved low/midrange power the most. Dam good intake! Cant get pics to load from my phone.

Wow! Great deal! I traded one for a Torker 340 that was given to me, so technically, I got mine for free! I didn't even have to pay shipping!

MY weiand action plus has the same coil issue so I took an intake bracket from a dodge van and modified it to work like this.

Attachments

• Picture 1254.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 1253.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 1252.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 168
I just need to freshen it up. It's burning a little oil now. It's a neat survivor car but it's using too much oil now. Rings are shot. Valve guides and seals are shot. I'm not trying to make huge HP, just convert it to a 4 barrel and get more than stock HP specs out of it. Figured it would be a decent intake.

That's one of the best intakes for your engine.

Get the cylinders sealed up better and it will run great...

-
Back