5 or 6 leaf springs?

-

Ehbody

Reaction score
I'm considering the 5 leaf Mancini XHD(which comes with a 1" increase in height over stock) or the Espo 6 leaf(and get them to add 1"height over stock). Which do you folks think will give a smoother ride? Our roads up here are not the smoothest...Dan

i got the mancini springs and boy they shure did rase the car up. they are way stiffer than the stock springs.I also had to jack up the torshen bars to level it up.

I went with the ESPO +1" on my Barracuda. There was a thread in the summer that discussed this in some detail. Just go back to the older threads in this section.

I'm considering the 5 leaf Mancini XHD(which comes with a 1" increase in height over stock) or the Espo 6 leaf(and get them to add 1"height over stock). Which do you folks think will give a smoother ride? Our roads up here are not the smoothest...Dan

Not the smoothest?That's a good one ,they're crap!Only car I had that was ok for these streets was a jeep and they ain't gettin much better....and we now return you to our original programming.Sorry bout that.8)

Not the smoothest?That's a good one ,they're crap!Only car I had that was ok for these streets was a jeep and they ain't gettin much better....and we now return you to our original programming.Sorry bout that.8)
8)8)
Now that was good

what are they going on? 68-76 340/360 cars had 6 leaf springs stock. i would get the 6 leaf 1" inch over stock myself.

im not nessecarily in love with the 5 leef springs but the total thicknes of the 5 is the same as the 6.

what are they going on? 68-76 340/360 cars had 6 leaf springs stock. i would get the 6 leaf 1" inch over stock myself.
Going on a 70 340 Duster...was wondering if 6 "thinner" leaves would ride smoother than 5 leaves(total thickness being the same)....Espo 6 leaf 1" over is what I'll probably get,but some people are having trouble with them sagging prematurally?

have had the espo 6 leaf +1" on jamies dart since 2005 and they haven't sagged at all yet. we also have kyb shocks on it and i feel it rides very nice.

I've got the Mancini 5-leaf coupled with KYB's on my '75 Duster. I have other components like swaybar, frame connectors and heavy duty front suspension which will all affect your overall ride. Long story short, I like the ride, hookup when I race, and can fit 255/60/15's underneath with no issues.

-
Back