5 spd trans

-

justme

Reaction score
Hi guys. I looking to put a 5spd in my 66 valiant with a /6 and 3spd. Anyone know what trans to use, what bellhousing to use etc. thank you for the help!

I would be surprised if you can find a 5-spd bell-housing for a slant six. Research 80's trucks, since that might be the best bet.

Jamie Passon will be selling bolt in 5 speeds in the spring. If your bellhousing is already drilled for an 833 4 speed, the 855 Jamie has designed will bolt right to it. All you would need to add is a floor shifter hump. It ain't gonna be cheap, but it will be THE easiest route to go. Good luck.

This is not a good question for fabo. Post this question or better yet use the search feature at www.slantsix.org and you will have enough info to read for days. The link I am including is just one of the topics I found. I recall sandyinbc posting a large writeup on his 65 valiant several years back but could not find it fast. In the post I link to he stated his total cost on 5 speed conversion was about $200.

Found sandys larger post about trans but there are many more posts about it at .org

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14100&highlight=5+speed+trans

I would be surprised if you can find a 5-spd bell-housing for a slant six. Research 80's trucks, since that might be the best bet.
There are no factory 5 speed bells. But some of the stranger slant lovers (like me) do have bellhousings with T5 adaptor plates attached to them sitting on shelves. Maybe someone (not me) would part with one if you posted a wanted ad. Mine cost about $250 to have the adaptor and pilot bearing spacer made around 2005.

-
Back