500 cfm carter afb WIW

-

drtybttr

Reaction score
I usually don't ask these kinds of questions because I like to do my own research but I really can't find what I'm looking for. I recently picked up what appears to be a 500 cfm carter afb carb that I figured was a 625 like all the rest. Well it turns out this one is not, its in pretty good shape, guy said he just took it off a dual quad set up but I don't think it is a purpose built one for a dual carb package. I was wondering if you were to sell something like this, how much would you let it go for?

The numbers on it and the wear it has will make a difference.

So that leads me back to my original question. I saw another one online and the guy wanted $175 and that sounded pretty high for not being rebuilt, but is this the going rate?

So that leads me back to my original question. I saw another one online and the guy wanted $175 and that sounded pretty high for not being rebuilt, but is this the going rate?

I think that would be a great carb for a 273 or a mild 318 looking for some more power and decent mileage, especially with a Eddy performer type manifold. As far as value, being not a real popular carb, i would think $125-150 would be a great price for someone looking for that carb....since you asked, just my opinion.

-
Back