500hp 408 with Hi-Po 340 Manifolds?

-
You are going to give up too much hp run the headers.

X2, my buddy just put manifolds on a Hughes 416, I think you leave horsepower on the table with the manifolds. I just put TTI's on a 416 in the duster, they fit unbelievable, and they flow so much better then any manifold!

A FAST car needs to really be considered it's own beast. If you think it's just a special engine in the car you're mistaken. The transmissions are equally tweaked and scienced out and the suspensions are also tweaked. Especially the shocks. It's not a big deal except for the cash outlay so there's a big commitment from the get-go.

Years of building performance Harley engines and tuning them on a Dyno have proven to me that the exhaust system has nearly as much influence as the cylinder heads and cam. I have seen power increases in the 15 to 20 percent range by changing exhausts. Even higher over stock systems. The power is trapped in there , the exhaust lets it. TTI's for me.

Have thought of extrude honing the hp manifolds possibly the heads & intake manifold more air,more power!

Have thought of extrude honing the hp manifolds possibly the heads & intake manifold more air,more power!

From what other members have said, For the cost you can get Doug's headers and a few bucks more TTi. Just saying.

Reading FAST forums in the past, extrude honing the exhaust manifolds is not worth very much. 5 HP was a number I regularly saw floating around (different manifolds give different results).

The FAST guys do it because in the world they play in every HP counts and money needs to be irrelevant if you want to be competitive.

Lots of money for a very small gain on a street car.

-
Back