518,46RH,46RE

-

tractorfix

Reaction score
Has anyone switching a Magnum to carb left the PCM in place to run the tranny? Can this be done? I know there are kits and other ways to control it but can a factory PCM do it also ?

One problem I see is that the cam sensor is the distributor. I don't know if it would function in that manner without a cam signal or not. It might generate errors that stop the process.

Hall effect as I just found out. That could be a problem. I wonder if I could let the PCM still run the ignition that way I could use the Magnum distributor. I did that on a 89 Daytona. I switched to carb and left the ignition as is and the computer ran it no problem.

If you have / friend/ etc with a running magnum setup, you could find out with not too much work. I built a simple redneck backyard adapter to get a carb mounted on top of the EFI manifold to "test fire" an engine. You could leave everything in place and block the fuel, or even re-route the fuel to a regulator for the carb

This thread:

LMFAO Anybody figure out what this is?

Note that photo is before I swapped the dist. this is a completely non-EFI test

I built this to adapt an AFB to the EFI manifold, front barrels only

img_1024-jpg.jpg

img_1025-jpg.jpg

Is the trans a 46RH, or a 46RE? The RH can be made to run without the computer if you like, the RE would need a computer, or manual valve body to work.

-
Back