572 Build

-
Yes. The biggest thing is balancing. Make sure whoever does it is very precise. They will take a lot if everything is machined right and balanced perfectly. I was spinning mine to 7,200 and its seem 7,600 a few times. The bearings looked perfect when I tore it down.

Just my opinion but as long as the springs are kept cooled and the idle time is kept to a minimum you shouldn't need pressurized lifters. There should be a large volume of oil returning through the valley and over the lifters. My street engines that have solid rollers only have .035" hole in the bushings for presurized oil. And these do see a bit of idle time (traffic, etc.) You shouldn't have any more trouble with the cam breaking provided the springs stay healthy. Run the best you can find.

Thank you for your opinion Moper. The nice thing about the oil setup that we have it that we can very easily adjust how much oil we out to the lifters with jets. It's 100% adjustable. We are running Pac springs with titanium retainers. And we're also using the Isky bushing roller lifters.

Couple more pics of the heads. We wanted to flow them and see how they compared to Modern Cylinders Flow sheet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 455
heyDartsport, I am starting a 600" build also. mine will be a street motor as well. it specs:

4.550 bore
4.625 stroke
572-13
13.5 cr
282/290 @.050 .800" w/1.7 jessel rocker arms
indy aluminum block
isky bushed lifters
oliver rods 7.100

I want to only run the spray bar oiling, I have it on my 580" motor and it does really well. it really prolongs the valve spring life on the street.

question, my builder wants to modify the block for oil to the lifters. is it really needed? he says otherwise there is no oiling to the lifters. would splash oil be enough?

mine is going into a 68 cuda with a 4 speed........

how did the heads compare to moderns claim? the guy that is doing my 572-13,s claims that he gets 420 cfm.......

It sounds like our motors will be very close to the same build. My motor builder was dead set on getting pressurized oil to the lifters for street use. We also are using the Isky bushed lifters and spray bar oiling for the rockers and springs. The heads were within 3cfm of modern cylinders numbers. They flow 409 at .900"

Thanks guys. It will be interesting when it goes on the dyno. I have searched all over the internet and read other 572 builds but none of them were pump gas motors.

We got a guy here in UK who runs a Chally, had a pump gas 572 in it, (580 actually), now a 655 and
he went a best of 9.5 with it at around the 3910bs = 880hp +/- a few, don't know all the internal spec, around the 11.1CR mark, on a single Dom, the 655 is also on around 11.1CR.

We are expecting somewhere in the 920-940 range on pump gas. It may be on the dyno this weekend so I will keep you guys updated.

Mocked the motor up earlier this week and found that the rods aren't going to work. The crank is an older Mopar billet crank that we had turned down to 2.2". The Oliver rods we were going to use were too narrow and had .060" side clearance. Just ordered up a set of Manley 4340 300M Pro Series rods for it. Any one have any experience or opinions on these Manley rods? Are they as good as the Olivers or better?

Everything is balanced and ready to assemble. The bob weight came out to be 2,469 grams. The Pistons are light but the Manley I beam rods are on the heavy side at 962 grams.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 287
Here's the carb. It's a BoLaws 1050 based dominator that flows 1400cfm. It may be giving up some power being that it's based off a 1050 but I wanted it to be very responsive and streetable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 297
Tomorrow is Dyno day. Here's the latest picture I took of it. These are not the headers that we are using on the Dyno.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 275
Long day on the Dyno today but at the end of the day it made 943hp at 7,300 and 777tq at 5300. It was tuned and ran on 93 octane pump gas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 214
-
Back