5x4 10 inch drums

-
Last time I looked (about 2 months ago) no one had any in stock for the rear, and one place for the fronts, and I bought those.

Sometimes you can find them on eBay. Centric was making the drums.
Haven't been available from Centric in quite a while.
I'm now sorry I didn't convert my 64 valiant with 9 inch brakes to later "A" body disc on the front and a 8 inch Ford with 10 inch on the rear. Parts available, and large bolt pattern.

I only need them cause drilling them to 4.5 sealing axles shafts and dr diff said I needed the 4 drums drilled to use my currant brakes but is there a difference between the 10 5x4 and the 10 5x4.5 they’re both 2.5 shoes

Are you looking for this one?
1682725454791.png

I only need them cause drilling them to 4.5 sealing axles shafts and dr diff said I needed the 4 drums drilled to use my currant brakes but is there a difference between the 10 5x4 and the 10 5x4.5 they’re both 2.5 shoes
Not sure what you're saying here- are you redrilling your stock axles, or using the Doctor Diff axles?
If you're using Doctor Diff's axles, you do NOT redrill your stock drums; you must use factory 5x4.5 brakes.
1682730391010.png

WHY do you want to keep your stock brakes?? As you can already tell, replacement drums are next to impossible to find, and if you do, you're going to pay a premium price for them. Plus the fact that if you ever need to replace a drum, it'll have to get machined again, too.
If he's "making you an axle", just use his standard 5x4.5 axles instead, and use the readily available 5x4.5 10 or 11 inch drums and backing plates, and you'll probably be money ahead, especially in the long run. No machining, no drilling. And you'll be able to get replacement parts cheaply.

I am using the factory a-body 5x4 SBP axles and drilling the axles and drums to achieve 5x4 1/2. ' Using a spacer for the 4 1/2 BBP 8" wide wheels to keep them from hitting the leaf springs. If I ever want to go back to 5x4 its only an axle change the same brakes can be used

for the front SBP kelsey hayes disc brakes use the 68 mustang rotors and a different inner bearing. A sleeve will be used for the different seal diameter.. This way everything is easy to put back to original if you ever want to and this is a very low cost to switch to BBP . The only purchase will be rear studs, front rotors, bearings and seals. The rest of the cost is the initial machine work which is free if you have mechanical talent and tools.

When using aftermarket 4 1/2 axle you must use factory 4 1/2 drums because the axle flange is a larger diameter. Also when using them BBP backing plates must be used due to the width of the BBP drum and brakes due to them being wider.

-
Back