5x4 Bolt Pattern Aftermarket Options

-

1badfish67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any options out there with 5x4 bolt pattern in the American Racing Torque Thrust D style wheels? Looking around for something like these in the chrome/dark grey spoke look for my 67 Barracuda fstbk. My car is 5x4 pattern all the way around with drums. Seeing a lot of wheels out there on the 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 patterns. Car has 14" U.S. Indy slotted mags all the way around on it right now. Was thinking of going 14's or maybe 15's depending on what may be available and what I can safely tuck under the car with good clearance and good stance. This will be a street car with what I think will be a stout 340 street build of ~ 425 to 435 hp, 4spd, Sure Grip 489.

Thanks

Hopefully someone can give you a better response than me but I have only ever seen those sold used in 5x4 BP. I have never seen them sold new like that. My guess is that companies have discontinued making that bolt pattern. If you don't have the patience to wait for a set to pop up you can always reach out to american racing and I'm sure they wouldn't mind making a set for you

ET Wheels (Team III ) makes an absolutely gorgeous tt copy in 5 on 4", with special order backspace and sizes available. They are NOT cheap! They are also not available at summit or jegs.
You can also search 5 on 4 pattern at summits site, and see what's available. Boyd's makes a pretty good looking tt copy in 17 inches, polished or gray, at about 2/3 the price of the ET's.

I have seen the polished Boyd's on a 67-69 barracuda in the "show us your wheels and tires" type thread here, but that's a LOT of pages and pictures to look thru to find it.

Look at the American Racing Wheel you'd like. Under Bolt pattern it says "Blank". That means they'll do it custom and the small bolt pattern of Mopar is considered custom. I believe you want a 5 x 101.6 bolt pattern which is the same as a 5 x 4" bolt pattern. Some wheels are named "custom" which means they'll do the small bolt pattern.

I bought the "Burnout" wheels with a small bolt pattern.

I have a set of 15x3.5 Centerlines and 15x8 275 60 15 Firestone Firehawks on black steel Wheel Vintiques for sale. Came off my Demon, Dad had same set up on his 69 Barracuda. All small pattern 5x4. PM if interested.

20210713_183620.jpg

Anyone know if there are any options out there with 5x4 bolt pattern in the American Racing Torque Thrust D style wheels? Looking around for something like these in the chrome/dark grey spoke look for my 67 Barracuda fstbk. My car is 5x4 pattern all the way around with drums. Seeing a lot of wheels out there on the 5x4.5 and 5x5.5 patterns. Car has 14" U.S. Indy slotted mags all the way around on it right now. Was thinking of going 14's or maybe 15's depending on what may be available and what I can safely tuck under the car with good clearance and good stance. This will be a street car with what I think will be a stout 340 street build of ~ 425 to 435 hp, 4spd, Sure Grip 489.

Thanks
These are the Team III wheels on my Barracuda. I bought them nearly 10 years ago. They are SBP. In order to make them work, you have to use "tuner" lug nuts. I think they are 15 x 8 on the rear and 15 x 7 on the front. I had to relieve the center hub a little where the lug nuts are to get some clearance between the outside diameter of the lug nut and the hub, to make the wheel a bit easier to install. The one photo shows how close the OD of the lug nut is to the center. Other than that issue, they have been fine and still look good today.

John

DSCN5873.JPG

DSCN5724.JPG

DSCN5865.JPG

The lug nuts are pretty close. Not familiar with 'Tuner' lug nuts. Looks like a special wrench required for them, is that right? They are close to the style/look I think I'm going for on the car.
I will check them out as well as Boyds and AR customs.

Thanks

The lug nuts are pretty close. Not familiar with 'Tuner' lug nuts. Looks like a special wrench required for them, is that right? They are close to the style/look I think I'm going for on the car.
I will check them out as well as Boyds and AR customs.

Thanks
Yes a special adapter is required. The ones on my car have a spline type configuration. The adapter slides into the spline and has a hex head so that a conventional lug wrench can be used. I bought a set of lug nuts that have an internal hex since I thought they might look better on an old car, but the adapter that would be used to install/remove is too short. I haven't spent the time to try to figure out a solution. The wheels would go on the car before I relieved them, but was tight to get them lined up and all the lug nuts started. My buddy has a Bridgeport mill, so we used that to mill the reliefs. No problem getting the wheels on and off now.

DSCN5723.JPG

Look at the American Racing Wheel you'd like. Under Bolt pattern it says "Blank". That means they'll do it custom and the small bolt pattern of Mopar is considered custom. I believe you want a 5 x 101.6 bolt pattern which is the same as a 5 x 4" bolt pattern. Some wheels are named "custom" which means they'll do the small bolt pattern.

I bought the "Burnout" wheels with a small bolt pattern.
Are those prices for the Customs per wheel or per set?

I had AR do a custom pair of tt2's for me a few years ago, with a custom backspace. If I remember right, the two wheels totaled about $900. I think they are almost twice that now.....

Those rear meats n rims look awesome! Ive been contemplating a swap from Cragars to WV's.
Car looks great!:thumbsup:
I have a set of 15x3.5 Centerlines and 15x8 275 60 15 Firestone Firehawks on black steel Wheel Vintiques for sale. Came off my Demon, Dad had same set up on his 69 Barracuda. All small pattern 5x4. PM if interested.

View attachment 1716044842

Cragar p/n361-145409 on tag on inside
Thanks. I saw a red 68 Barracuda here on FABO a little bit ago that had a set of 15" Centerline wheels on it. Think I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a set of something like those. I had not though about Centerlline in many years. I do appreciate it though.

This is a informational thread nad not a sale thread . Let's keep it that way please. Thanks.

Thanks
These are the small bolt wheels Summit has available. Starting a sale thread will find you a lot of different choices.

Thanks. I saw a red 68 Barracuda here on FABO a little bit ago that had a set of 15" Centerline wheels on it. Think I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a set of something like those. I had not though about Centerlline in many years. I do appreciate it though.
Sent you a PM

-
Back