6.1 no p/steering no a/c pulley

-
So I ordered 04593918AA seems to be to long ?? I have a 6.1 from a 2006 grand cherokee

Attachments

• IMG_00000156.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 551
I've not looked at a Grand Cherokee setup before. By the looks of it, that stuff is sucked up really close to the block compared to passenger car stuff. Look at your water pump pulley compared to the other photo in this thread. Yours is set way back over the pump.

I'm not sure the aftermarket one's would work either. Maybe the chrome one in the thread and you can modify the spacer length. The other option is just to hack off the mounting boss, cut to length and have a plate welded on for a new mounting flange.

If you are looking for a little bling, hotrodlane.cc has a billet power steering delete set up for $99 in their catalog. I did not see it on the website. I will post the part number and pic from the catalog when I get home.

Water pump off a GC is no different from an lx, 5.7 or 6.1. In fact I believe they're all the same from 2006-10.

If you are looking for a little bling, hotrodlane.cc has a billet power steering delete set up for $99 in their catalog. I did not see it on the website. I will post the part number and pic from the catalog when I get home.

I was wrong. They have it for $155

welding hmmm always a point! even if you change the water pump . all the other pulleys will not line up . i.e. alternator . tenstioner

Buggar, the water pump pictured above looks normal to me, it looks like the 2011 on 5.7 Hemi has a different water pump to the early models but retains the same tensioner and ilder pulleys so maybe they moved everything forward on the pump. Can you mill some off the top of the bracket?

I believe the VVT engines are spaced forward because of the cams and timing arrangement. There is a guy building a stroker 392 and he to get a spacer for the bottom timing chain sprocket. You absolutely can try to find a different offset pulley, even a bigger one if you have to.

check out thread #23 and 21 . its an 06 5.7 .. so I trying to think here. if a vvt heads are bigger. than hense the pulley set up wont work . but mines an 06 6.1 block and heads should have worked. or did I over shoot the runway HERE?

check out thread #23 and 21 . its an 06 5.7 .. so I trying to think here. if a vvt heads are bigger. than hense the pulley set up wont work . but mines an 06 6.1 block and heads should have worked. or did I over shoot the runway HERE?

Im sorry man, looks like you did.
Post #20 shows apps the idler came from, ALL VVT engines.
Bandsaw and a tig welder is the answer.

hey Hard vg your pulley looks mine different than mine do you remember the part #

hey Hard vg your pulley looks mine different than mine do you remember the part #

That photo I posted up previously was off the net, I haven't got that far with mine yet. From momory it was a Mopar crate engine, so maybe the later VCT engine.

You could always put the one you bought up for sale and buy the Street & Performance one and cut the spacers down to the length that would allow the pulleys to line up and then get shorter mounting bolts to mount it to the head.

-
Back