6.1 no p/steering no a/c pulley

-
So I decided to investigate this factory PS delete bracket further and actually came across the 5.7 converted Jeep in my travels, it is running the same part number bracket as mentioned previously:

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/HardVG/The%20HardVG/DSC02497_zpsa5363621.jpg"][/URL]

I decided to buy one with the idea that it may be able to be machined down to fit, The problem is that it is actually about 1/2" too long and they made it hollow so there is not enough meat in the pulley end to allow it to be machined down to suit a non VVT engine.

As 77BBSwinger has already mentioned, the only way to use this factory bracket is to cut it down and TIG it back together:

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/HardVG/The%20HardVG/IMG_0696_zpsb0c480f5.jpg"][/URL]

More to come. For most people it will be easier to fork over the money for one of the aftermarket setups of if you have the skills to modify one, then it is probably just as easy to build one from scratch.

Well there you go, there didn't seem to be enough meat in the end of mine to do that.

Finished product:

IMG_0702_zps23e71b1b.jpg

It's holding up well on the eingine stand, will be a while before it sees any action.

Well I have the pulley back here is the picks . looks ok .

Attachments

• IMG_20140929_135603.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_20140929_135608.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 259
Nice thanks to all . im going to assume it can be used on a 6.1 since no srt8 models with the 6.1 had electric p/steering ... wowowowo hoohohoho
I think I'm doing the exact same thing as you I'm getting rid of my power steering I'm getting rid of my air conditioning on my 06 SRT 6.1 Hemi how did it work I'm going to buy the same parts

Nice thanks to all . im going to assume it can be used on a 6.1 since no srt8 models with the 6.1 had electric p/steering ... wowowowo hoohohoho
I have 06 6.1 Hemi was wondering if the power steering delete thing work I'm in the same boat as you trying to figure this out now

I have 06 6.1 Hemi was wondering if the power steering delete thing work I'm in the same boat as you trying to figure this out now
I been looking into this for a couple days ams seems like getting on of those cutting and welding and use an idler is the answer..
Im justbwondering if it will mount my 03 5.7 ram hemi timing cover mount

I been looking into this for a couple days ams seems like getting on of those cutting and welding and use an idler is the answer..
Im justbwondering if it will mount my 03 5.7 ram hemi timing cover mount
Probably not. The power steering pump delete pulley/bracket bolts to the front of the driver's side cylinder head.

What is your timing cover? Car, truck? Iirc, the steering pump mounts to the head, no matter what year or platform.

What is your timing cover? Car, truck? Iirc, the steering pump mounts to the head, no matter what year or platform.
Its an 05 ram 5.7 hemi and im quite certain it mounts to the timing/waterpump cover for my engine... I know you 408 swinger are a much wiser man with the mopar stuff and have helped me many times now. Thank you. Really, thanks a ton. But i decided ima make one up hopefully i mean its a pipe with a bracket and a nut weldedhow hard can it be? Haha

Did this at home with a hand grinder and no work table. took me maybe 30 min i have all my air tools at work so ill clean up the radius there.
20200317_124249.jpg
20200317_124304.jpg
20200317_124307.jpg
20200317_124323.jpg

New plasma table in house and now that i can neatly make the flanges i will be making a small run (5) of these deletes for the 5.7 truck hemi. if anyone maybe interested contact me. PST has a 16:1 "quick ratio" that i really can't say enough about.

I think I'm doing the exact same thing as you I'm getting rid of my power steering I'm getting rid of my air conditioning on my 06 SRT 6.1 Hemi how did it work I'm going to buy the same parts
Would you happen to have a belt number I'm doing a 6.1 power steering delete and AC delete also having a hard time finding a belt

By any chance do you have a belt number doing the same thing same engine as you did having a hard time finding a belt

Take a string and or a long belt and mark the length go to parts store and tell them you need that length. Buy one longer and one shorter. 1 of the 3 will fit return the others for a refund. That’s what I did for my belts and rad hoses.

Kinda' late to this thread, but I did this with a truck cover and stock pulleys plus 1 added. The only difference with mine is that all my builds use cs130 alternators so that mount would be different (not modified). If you don't want to cut up the TC casting, you don't have to. I did for weight and appearance. I found an OE idler pulley centering base (they usually come of with the idler when replacing one) and bought a grooved idler pulley. I turned down the protruding, internally threaded boss at the upper right of the water pump and installed the pulley. Use the OE pulley bolts. Luckily no spacing was needed but it is simple to do. Been driving it, and down the track already with no issues. Oh yeah, 6.1 block,6.4bge heads and '04 truck 5.7 TC. My belt length wouldn't help you though.

20201116_134009.jpg

20201119_063423.jpg

20210406_202802.jpg

20210421_163102.jpg

-
Back