6.4 Hemi and Matching Auto into Aussie Valiant

-

clyde

Reaction score
Hi,
I am sure this question has been asked before but there is so much information on this group it is hard to find what you need.
I am transplanting a Gen 3 6.4 into a 1970 Aussie Valiant. I am aware that there a few options around for harnesses and modules to control engine but I have not been able to find much about controling a matching 5 speed or 8 speed auto. Most people seem to use early model 3 speed boxes because it is an easy option. Has anyone installed a later model transmission and got it working? What options are in the market place? I know that the Holley terminator harness and controller cannot work with a Chysler 5 or 8 speed auto.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Might reach out to Hotwire Auto. They seemed to have it all worked out to run the NAG1, and have support for running the 8HP70.

Part pf the reason people run a 727 or 904 is because they don't want to cut the car for the newer trans. Floor pan and torsion bar x member surgery required. Chris at Hotwireauto explained to me what was all needed to make a Nag 5 speed work. You need about half of a donor car for modules and sensors and shifter. Sound German Automotive has a stand alone for the 8 speed. Know nothing about it other than that. You'll like that 392. Good luck on your build!!

Is there anyone on here that has installed a 8HP70 and has it working without issues? I am sure there is someone but I have not seen one in Australia.

Is there anyone on here that has installed a 8HP70 and has it working without issues? I am sure there is someone but I have not seen one in Australia.

Only working 8HP70 swap I have seen was in a Chevelle on a different forum. Seems like maybe someone on YouTube had something, but not sure it was more than an install. Either way, I'm not aware of anyone on here getting an 8HP70 up and running.

To be fair, the electronics required to run the 8HP70 haven't been out all that long either. And the guy with the Chevelle built his own controller.

Doesn't the Holley Terminator/X control transmissions?

Yeah that's right. Dam shame...

I would guess they are working on it as they do have swap parts for bolting an 8HP or NAG1 into a Mopar, even if they aren't consistent. There are parts for an 8HP for a B-Body but not an A-Body. But the A-Body has parts for the NAG1, TKX and 727, but not a 46RE even though the Terminator X Max can control it. And no TKX swap parts for the B-Body.

Really don't understand why they don't have T56 swap parts, for either. Just seems like it would have been the first or second swap they would have worked on. But I am biased as that is what I plan to swap with the G3.

I don’t know of anyone in Aus that has done one.
Soundgermanautomotive.com reckon they have a controller that will work. Have a talk to them.

I don’t know of anyone in Aus that has done one.
Soundgermanautomotive.com reckon they have a controller that will work. Have a talk to them.

Thanks, I have sent them an email and will post any information I receive on here. I am really keen to do this swap.

I am just starting on 1 have a new 2022 6.4 BGE block / 8 Speed 8HP70 Hotwire tells me the 8 speed is easier than the Nag1 probaly means the electronic side .
Using the Hooker Hemi to 340 Biscuit adaptors /45 Degree oil filter mount /Hooker headers /borgenson steering /Holley cast VVT oil pan slight mod needed to the K frame to fit the low mount air conditioner haven't decided on the engine electronics yet Terminator X max with VVT/Dominator has not got the VVT working yet /Hotwire have an E body or 71 B-Body Sattelite coming have a company here in Perth Hemi headquarters that is clueded up on the Conversion they run a 6.4 Hellcat /8 Speed in a Mercedes at the drags but they are hard to contact

HEMI Headquarters

https://www.facebook.com/HEMIHeadqu...vVGgJqnuXIeNPK4rV-1eSPo2KKosHkw&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

REDEYE CRATE ENGINES HAVE ARRIVED. Only a couple left - all others already spoken for.
Mopar Redeye Crate HEMI engines - 807HP. These are complete, in crate, blower to pan. Limited stocks currently on their way from the US. Expected delivery May 2022. Secure yours now. A$33000.00

Here is a couple of Pics bolted to the K Frame

Krame1.jpg

KFRAME2.jpg

-
Back