6-71

-
I was only thinking for the intake bolts being a pain. At least that was what I was anticipating being the issue if one were to arise. I did order some front and rear plates yesterday, so they should be here soon. DPI, out of Indiana. 140/piece. I ran out of Argon on Friday, and been loading out our Auto show since. Tomorrow I’ll finish melting the offy and get her over for some trimming.

C0DE33FD-BD3C-4373-8A0A-AAB71F7BC357.jpeg
Today I got the manifold shored up and the case blasted. Plates come in tomorrow for some measuring and the fun begins. I found a step by step on youtube. It’s clarifies any questions I had from print. He has a full machine shop, but most of it can be done without it. For anything I will need, I will try and have all in one shot. The dowel pins for the case once you have clearance should be proper. Im sure it can be done otherwise, but ya know.

Thanks! I was thinking about black wrinkle for the case and keep the ends shiny. I guess it all depends on how ambitious or sore my hands get. I hit it with the wire wheel the other day and it got real shiny real fast, there is a casting mark I have to wipe out if I polish it.

My buddy powder coated the air cleaners for my 68 cuda and 69 Dart with a black wrinkle that came out awesome ! Looks exactly like original but more definition in the wrinkle .
That would look amazing on that blower !
I can get the code if you like.
20190107_145801.jpg

Talk to Rick Dean @ Dean Blowers... he converted my last 6-71 project. GM bearing plates are fine... You do need a rear bearing plate and new bearings to run with grease rather than engine oil.

I did my complete deal with gas conversion, BBC drive kit, nos Cragar intake for under $1200.00.

I sold a few used 6-71 cores to Gary Dyer and his son over the years... You may remember Gary drove the ChiTown Hustler funny car in the 60's.

C40869DA-BEBB-44B5-B7B2-C2283C531BF8.jpeg
091840B1-2E58-4780-AFA5-CFBD3870B116.jpeg
06EC7001-33B7-4622-AFC0-41CC7B8E3B91.jpeg
A4F260A4-8F54-4978-9D88-B33669D59297.jpeg
11066AD6-0693-4942-9B65-1A6622A62B26.jpeg
594AF282-2985-47AF-B003-8759EF4E4404.jpeg
Got the blower set up and clearanced yesterday. I dykemed up the ends and the plates. I hit them with a board and 320 to square them up. The plates were giving me weird end clearance numbers and had ridges where the endmill drove. Once I had everything where I wanted it, I took a 5/16” drill and put it in a tee handle. I used this to ream the holes in line with the plates. Once I got the dowel holes cleaned and nice, I disassembled it. I put the dowels in my drill and with an emery cloth made them a nice slip fit. I painted the case with VHT high heat black wrinkle. I made sure everything was clean and I painted the inside of the case and the rotors with ez-slide graphite paint. The “used” gears I got from Dyer’s were great. I had an idea that they already may be cut for time and they worked out great in my case. No shims and rotor to rotor was right on. I’m waiting on the stainless bolts from fastenal to finish up and put on the gear cover. Manifold is at machine shop along with a 318 thats going stroker in an a-100 truck

Snout ideas/ choices, What's in mind?
I want to get the crank hub and manifold dialed in before I throw around any numbers. But, from what I gather I’m looking at around a 5” snout. There are a few options out there, none are rather cheap. I’m looking at used 750s for up top. I will be rebuilding and boost referencing them

You are moving right along and it is looking great. Are you going to use Teflon strips?

You mentioned that you are looking at a pair of 750's for up top. I switched to an Fitech 1200 dual 4 setup last spring. It was real easy to set up and I can't believe how much easier it is to drive, not to mention tune.

Jack

The name of the Powder coat is Midnight black wrinkle from Sherwin Williams . He didnt know the code off hand.
Mike says you want the part hot when you apply the powder. Just ask you powded coater if he is familiar with the process.
Or you can send it to Mike...

He owns Hubcap Annie which repairs and customizes Alloy wheels .
They do all of our Mercedes, Porsche , Rover wheels etc....

The name of the Powder coat is Midnight black wrinkle from Sherwin Williams . He didnt know the code off hand.
Mike says you want the part hot when you apply the powder. Just ask you powded coater if he is familiar with the process.
Or you can send it to Mike...

He owns Hubcap Annie which repairs and customizes Alloy wheels .
They do all of our Mercedes, Porsche , Rover wheels etc....

I think this is it

Midnight Black Wrinkle
FBT2-C0002 MSDS |PDS

I'm starting to go through withdraws.... need a new fix of update

Haha me too. I’ve been waiting on my machine guy to get my parts back. He still has my intake and spacer. Along with my timing cover that I needed a hair taken off of. He claims they will be done this week. In the interim I’ve been building a 390 stroker for my friends 69 a-100. Spent the day today die grinding the ever living piss out of a set of mid 70’s 360 heads. I will be ordering a pair of carbs and boost referencing them so I dont have to spend an arm and a leg on blower specific ones. I found a decent deal on quick fuel brawler brand ones on the dragracecarparts.co site that I read about on here. I was going to craigslist surf for a pair of holley mechanical 750 dp that will surely have to be rebuilt. But people want way too much for carbs that they bought that were too big, probably sat without being drained for 5 yrs and now are for sale. I started the truck that the blower is going on yesterday and did a nice smokey burnout. But I will update as soon as I get more parts! And I did get carb adapter
image.jpg

Oh thank you.... I had to watch some nascar just to get me by.

No more shaking or sweating. Whooo that was close.

Can't wait to see your finished product run.

-
Back