6.9 Baja Mexico Earthquake - Felt in SoCal

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, that was a fun little roller!
6.9 earthquake 16 miles south of Mexicali, 20 miles deep.
I'm in north Orange County and it was a good size roller here. Lost just a bit of water out of our pool. Went on for 30+ seconds - was wondering if it was going to quit. I'm a lifelong SoCal resident and that's a long time for an earthquake. I can't imagine what it felt like at the epicenter, or even in San Diego.
Everyone in San Diego OK?

my father in law lives in Calexico, my wife can't get in touch with him....

Felt it up in Santa Clarita,which is 40 miles north of LA.

Been learning..or at least trying to in school about earthquakes, and "they" say that the west coast is long overdue for a big one. Its part of what they call the "Ring of Fire" I think something like 90% of the earths earthquakes happen there.
Inkjunkie, I hope u can get in touch with your father in law and all is well.

I missed another one! I was born/raise in SoCal and I miss the earthquakes-and the Santa Ana winds. And you can keep this thing called snow thank you.

It was a long one. Came on kind of slow and seemed like it was about done, then it really started o rock. Biggest and longest I've felt in a long time.

If you were sitting on the john, it would have been a cheap bidet!

Slosh a little bit back and forth.

If you were sitting on the john, it would have been a cheap bidet!

Slosh a little bit back and forth.

LOL!!! Never been on the throne during a quake, but I was in the tub years ago when one happened. Talk about feeling vulnerable - you sure don't have any place to go, except down the drain.

Barely felt it Colton, was on the creeper under the Duster talking with my mom when it hit. Barely lasted a few seconds like they all do.
Its SoCal, comes with the territory, hardly anything to talk about really.

Was sitting at a light in my Diesel Excursion driving home from San Francisco. My whole family and I were sitting at a light in CHINO, the two cars in front of me were bouncing all over the place. We were rocking a bit ourselves. Told my wife it was a 6.0...........

I dunno I still think I prefer the snow to the shake , rattle and roll of the warmer climates. Good luck my American FABO brothers and sisters. Keep yourselves safe!

-
Back