6 cyl. to V8 wiring.Help!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m sure this has been asked a 1000 times,I,ve searched the elec. forum and didn,t find anything,so here goes.
I,ve swapped my 6 to a V8(360)I,m using my elec. dist. from my 340(swapped to MSD)I also have a wiring harness from a 73 Dart(electronic ign.)I,ve got to splice in for the chrome box.Any help for wiring this up to get her running would help before I melt her down!I want to try and get started on it tonite,so any advise would be appreaciated.Thanks

I used the stock slant 6 harness on my 340, no problems, I have a MP distributor and MSD 6al, works great!

will this help

100_1861.jpg

100_1862.jpg

100_1863.jpg

The MoPar engines book has wiring diagrams and other good info that is alllways handy to have on hand. Just a FYI thing.

As far as wire length goes, you'll need to shorten some and lengthen others. Basic wire cutter/strippers will do the deed well. Use heat shrink over the connections for best and longest lasting results.

Thanks Sedan and Snake,I wired my 340,s MSD system no problem,I,m just going out to have a look at the old 6 harness also the 73 harness that I have with the box.I,ll probably just cut out the box and wiring and splice in.I was just trying to get any advise before i attack.LOL!Should be easy enough.I hope!

Solder the wires together and don't use them junky butt connectors. They don't work or hold up as well.

Thanks Rumble,I have a Hayes manual also(it helps)Lets see if I can get er to fire,then it,s exhaust and off to the races!HaHa!

-
Back