/6 Oil Filter Relocation Kit

-
i tried using the Trans adapt kit but the lines were kinda small and way to short to be useful...

you would be better off just buying the adapter parts and make your own lines...

Has anyone done this with their /6 ? If so,what kit did you go with ??

I got one from Summit but haven't installed it yet. It LOOKS like it should work fine (relocating to the firewall) and uses easy-to-obtain rubber hose
that you can buy at any auto parts store...

I don't see a problem; just have had a lot of other more pressing issues to deal with lately.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, orienting that oil filter upside down like they did, so that it makes a total mess anytime you change it???:wack:

"WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, orienting that oil filter upside down like they did, so that it makes a total mess anytime you change it???"

That's what I'm talkin about !!Besides,I'd like to increase Oil Capacity for GP's !! Do you happen to know what size thread it is ??

do a deep pan if your going for volume...

and its not that big of a deal... just have the catch can and wipe off the housing....

Attachments

• Deep Sump (6).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 344
  • Deep Sump (19).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 342
Yes I do keep thinking of your pan too !!Got the spare pick up tube,just haven't found another pan yet !!Although I haven't really looked that hard either !!

Yes I do keep thinking of your pan too !!Got the spare pick up tube,just haven't found another pan yet !!Although I haven't really looked that hard either !!

just go to the metal yard and buy i think it was 1/2" ID tubing and just weld them up...

Just be sure you get a pan that's properly-configured for your particular chassis. There are several different sump-shapes for different applications.:read2:

Attachments

• js640_js640_scan0043.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 318
Just be sure you get a pan that's properly-configured for your particular chassis. There are several different sump-shapes for different applications.:read2:

looking back i wish i would have done the SS mod to the k member and made the sump longer as well... would be like an 8qt pan lol

Well,I've got a bid in on a pan on Ebay !!Cross my fingers !!805,you still interested in doing another pan ?

Got mine in the stock locaction,plumbed mine to belt driven oil pump,only change oil twice a year,1/4 at a time mileage so mess doesnt bother me.Makes me clean and wipe and look at other stuff while I am under there.Guzzi Mark

I was also looking through a Speedway catalog I received the other day,and it looks like they have all the pieces I need and different lengths of hose so It can be mounted where I want it !!

It's the same center sump as mine on the '69 Dart !! I won it,so it should be here soon !!

if the pan will fit with no issues in reference to depth then yea i'll do it...

i just dont want to be having to make bump in's and stuff without having the car lol...

I still have the benefit of having the original pan,so it won't be a problem matching them up !! 2 oil pans,2 sets of headers,2 intake manifolds,Hell,I might as well just build Twins !!:D:grin:

I still have the benefit of having the original pan,so it won't be a problem matching them up !! 2 oil pans,2 sets of headers,2 intake manifolds,Hell,I might as well just build Twins !!:D:grin:

all i need is the one pan...

And pick up ??

well see the pick up can get interesting...

when i did mine i screwed in the peice and then tacked everything in...

but i would be worried that the pickup would be loose due to the cut of the threads... now i might be wrong on this but its an issue i can see happening...

do you have a welder? i could still get it mocked up and you can just do the final welding on the pickup...

Let me do some thinking on that,I understand where you're coming from and I may just be able to take care of that at this end !!

-
Back