/6 puking problem

-
so NO oil in the radiator or water in your oil????
this is not related to your problem. but I finally found a pinhole leak at the water neck ( original aluminum piece), I replaced it then twice with original 50 year old ones, all had a pinhole!!!! LOL bought a steel china repo from rockauto for $10 and solved the problem!! LOL
it was amazing hard to determine where that leak was.... kept thinking it was the short connector hose..

Your oil leak looks to have been there a long time. The usage of oil by the engine is not likely just due to this; it is probably valve stem seals, loose valve guides, and/or worn rings.

The coolant leak is probably just a new thing that has developed. IMO, just pull the water pump and you will find it.

Yes, I would take the oil leak out of the equation for now. My slant has 50,000 miles on it and it's gunked pretty bad under there too. Slant sixes are just oily beasts by nature.

You do need a PCV valve so that combustion pressure doesn't force oil past seals. The engine also needs to have fresh air circulating through the engine to carry away blowby gases that otherwise can cause sludging and lead to early contamination of the oil.

The air gets drawn in through the breather at the rear of the valve cover and drawn back out at the PCV, then through a line to the passenger-side baseplate of the carb.

-
Back