6 Years.... thats not bad is it?

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Well guys after 6 long years playing with these mopars I finally accomplished a couple of things. When I bought my first 1973 swinger with intention to restore it quickly became a reality that the car was just two far gone to do. So I moved onto a 1974 dart sport clean car with the exception it needed two quarters and a tail panel, BUT needless to say I began the restoration. In the process me and my dad built a very strong street 360 small block, 10:1 compression, K Black pistons, heavy cam, 3 angle valve job, decked heads, victor 340 intake the list goes on. I had a really well built motor that would go on to sit on a engine stand for the next 5 years well the dart sport fell through and I finally landed on my 1974 swinger back in 2009 and after driving the hell out of the little 318 cali motor I grew tired of the car and put it up for sale. My dad was not happy after a long talk in the kitchen 3 weeks ago he made a deal with me, we finally drop the 360 in the car if I take the car off the market well 1 week later the deed was done heres a few before and after pictures.

P.s I finally got my dog dishes on :eek:ccasion:

Attachments

• 012 (Copy).JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 020 (Copy).JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 002 (Copy).jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 003 (Copy).JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0594 (Copy).JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 036 (Copy).JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0589 (Copy).jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 033 (Copy).jpg
    140 KB · Views: 208
Nice ride! I just bought my first mopar a 73 Swinger. I to have high hopes in getting it going quickly. Do you like the performance from the 360? Im going to pick one up in about a week from one of the members here. Can you pm the specs on your 360? I was a diehard chevy guy untill my 11yr old son saw the Dart it was all over but the crying from then on......lol

It looks great. How do you like your new 360?

Huh. I thought the post was about marriage lasting six years and I thought, no, that's not bad. You are a strong man. Then I saw it was about your car ... my bad. :)

Cue music *married with children theme song* Cue visual; Al Bundy driving his 75 duster "Dodge Dart" along the highway.

Fun fact: Countless times refered as a Dodge Dart, it is in fact a Duster.

Mentioning marriage and dart just made me think of it.

Awesome to see that you kept it. Who knows what may have happened to it if someone bought it and tore it all up. Good job!!!!

Nice expect whats a victor intake and A/C doing together? That poor compressor isn't going to like 6,500 plus rpm's. That intake is in the sweet spot 4,000 to 7,000 rpm. Those compressors lock up and the belts go ripping off, I found that out first hand long ago

A/c is there only for the fact we dont have the non A/C brackets so in order to put the motor in there the A/C had to go back on......

-
Back