6000 rpm

-

magnumdart

There is a bad moon on the rise.
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of this.

0905161227.jpg

I knew a guy that got killed back in the 70's when fan blade came off a 66 396 Chevelle and went through his chest

-----------fanblade explosion----------
This ,and even fan shroud explosions,really do damage... In a '70 El Camino ,rat combo... hat a fan shroud come unmounted ,at 6000 in second gear.. Took a lot of heat shrinking ,& dollying plus the "secret sauce", to repair it...

This ,and even fan shroud explosions,really do damage... In a '70 El Camino ,rat combo... hat a fan shroud come unmounted ,at 6000 in second gear.. Took a lot of heat shrinking ,& dollying plus the "secret sauce", to repair it...
secret sauce -LOL. I know a guy that used to race a Camaro. he had a balancer come apart when he was checking the total timing one sunday at the strip. knocked him cold, they took him to the hospital, later returned and watched the race. at last count, he went thru " 57 " 427 chevy engines in the 14 yrs that we ran the hemi. his car was stripped , fender wells and the hole bit. ours was at that time, (a legal s.s d/a . he was always about a .010 faster than us.

I was hanging around in the garage with my dad one weekend. I was maybe 6 or 7 and loved to put on his old iron worker hard hat, goggles, respirator, welding gauntlets, etc. He used to do all kind of wood working projects to make extra money. He was using a billion year old Sears router, and right as I walked up in my full Darth Vader safety outfit, the cooling fan/fins let go and it peppered me with a handful of sharp nickle sized shards of metal in the face and head. Thanks to an over active imagination, I didn't have a scratch on me

After hearing your story (and seeing the pictures) I could never forget. Nice to hear you're making a comeback, and wishing you all the luck in getting back to 100%.

-
Back